FS: 1986 GN in Kansas

GNandGS

I'm still here!
Most details on my blog experiment site but basically its a loaded '86 with a few extra parts and some nice mods. Has ~200k (a little less actually) on it and shows in some places. Could use an engine refresh but trans is good.

Quite confident that 12teens are in it with a freshening, went 12.6 wounded and lean. Now has 60lb inj but not track tested.

I have relocated to Malaysia and will not be able to import the car as planned. I'll be back in Kansas from mid December til sometime late January '07 and hope to be able to provide a ph# after I arrive

Direct link here:
Bestvater - Malaysia: 1986 GN for sale... Newton Kansas

Attachments

• shawngn.gif
    shawngn.gif
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,068
Edit/Bump: for the needs list, the car needs seals when painted.

Can deliver if close enough!

you wouldnt be interested a trade would you?... 1988 mustang 5.0 5speed coupe, have pics and details if interested, im in southwest missouri

No can do... unable to import my Buick... a Mustang would be even more difficult and $$.

I should mention (since I forgot to in the ad) that the car has all the normal fuel mods - pump/fpr etc. It also has the rear seat bracing - both the X style and the "Y" style (old school!). Thumbwheel chip (not programmed) needs to go with the car because the selector is installed in the ashtray (next to bleed valve).

Just went for a drive today! Would rather not sell but need to. Offers? What info do you need? Added a couple of additional pics but ran out of time to take more. Added video also (just boring driving to prove it runs).

Edit: I can be reached by phone @ 316-519-7846

Shawn

Im pulling the thumbwheel setup and keeping more of the parts but still including the:

widened wheels on the rear
box of spare sensors - pretty much all the ones under the hood
Some misc items that I dig up (no junk).

$5900 <-- the car runs! Why buy a shell that you have to tow home? Then source parts for... come buy this one and drive it home! Lowballers dont bother please.

Where else you going to get all this car has for the money? Some are less $ but the interior might be trashed... or floorboards/doors rusty. Maybe the wheels are pitted? Center caps missing? Not on this heavily optioned car.

Interior is pretty good-to-great except for drivers seat, the car overall is better than I make it sound in an effort to be fair and honest.

Where are you located in Kansas?
Are you going to be who will be dealing physically with the car?

Is there any rust??????????

tvelotta

Im in the Wichita area
Im doing the selling
Rust is limited to portions of LR wheel well lip and under trunk lock - doors and pinch welds are fine

Recommend you look at pics to get an idea. Come look at car and bring your body man with. Im confident that any competent body man will NOT be scared of this car.

Last chance!

Well times up! For those waiting on a good deal act now or not at all. Either the car will sell or it comes off the market (duh) but I'll be GONE so get with it.

I'll (likely pull the thumb wheel setup but) leave the widened wheels and everything else on the car. Spare parts stay with me

$5,200

Serious buyers only. No trades or payment plans. If you dont have the money dont call/email. For those waiting it out - this was it. If on the fence JUMP! I'll be gone so there isnt any luxury of time to play with. Be serious! Had a lot of emails and calls but no followup and even had one NO SHOW for appointment. Dont be that guy.

If you pay a deposit (non refundable) we might be able to work out time extensions etc. where I can leave a pre-signed title to be picked up with car. Would need to talk about that. Full payment obviously gets you title same day but can pick up car later - especially if you opt to buy other parts or have distance to deal with.

Other 86/87 GN's will probably not be this nice or optioned this way for the money. I showed all the bad parts on purpose - buy with confidence.

I'm interested and in OKC. Do you have any more pics? Send to JLips@cox.net

My brother lives in Wichita and I may be able to have him look at it in the next day or two to tell me if I need to come up there and look this weekend. Thanks.

He Rev. did you see the link? There are a number of pics there... anything in particular you ar looking for?

FYI: Buying ticket tues or wed. Departure not known yet. Prolly within a week.

Guess I shouldn't be so quick to scroll through, I missed the link in the first post!

I'll call my bro tonight and see if he'll give you a call to set up a time to come see it.

Yeah, call anytime. If I cant answer its due to signal loss. I dont sleep! heh.

If he can come up and have a look, give him a list of stuff you want checked and have him bring a camera.

I fly out the 12th. Obviously that would be a bad day to call me... interested parties should call/email soon.

Perhaps I should have promoted this as a "roller" with a longblock that runs? heh.

No time for ebay and I didnt like the idea anyway. <shrug>