FS: 1985 Merkur XR4Ti

Jeff G

NAME: Jeff G
EMAIL: Grabarecja07@yahoo.com Email's go directly to my phone, I will answer them as soon as I get them as long as it's not in the middle of the night.
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Cash
------------------------------------------------------------------
ITEM: 1985 Merkur XR4Ti
PRICE: $2k OBO, cash talks.
SHIPPING: I will help deliver to anyone local

DESCRIPTION:
1985 Merkur XR4Ti
Automatic
Rear wheel drive
2.3l turbo motor (same as SVO mustang and turbocoupe)
50k miles. All original car.
Power windows. Sun/moon roof.
Leather seats.
Overall, the car is in very good condition. The only areas that need some attention are the drivers seat that has a rip in the leather, a couple of the plastic interior pieces are missing, and the exhaust needs to be replaced from the axle back. The car is completely stock, never modified. The previous owner had it sitting for something like 8 years, which is why the miles are still low. I spent a lot of time cleaning up the car both interior and exterior. Runs and drives great.

PIC:
6a2a51b5.jpg

b2721e36.jpg

8d48e22e.jpg

f824eed3.jpg

2f474c72.jpg

My mom had one of these when they were new. Really good running cars, esp. with a 5 speed. Can run with, if not beat, GT Mustangs back in the day. These things were a huge hit in Europe in GT class racing. They were built by Ford in Germany and shipped here. Nice ride for the money. Good luck on the sale!

NiceTurbo

I had that same motor in a Turbo Cougar XR-7 when I was in high school. It basically had the same interor as the GN, auto in the floor with a 3:45 rear gear ratio. Really nice engine that Ford scrapped to soon!

I had one of these brand new in 88. Mine was Blue with an automatic. It had a single spoiler instead of the double I believe.They were great cars, but stock they had plenty of lag. That was my first turbo car and I was hooked after that.

wow these things are pretty damn rare now a days especially in this type of shape. Good luck with the sale, might want to post it up on corral.net or svtperformance.com

Just a couple updates:

1st - Not sure why I was thinking the car was a 1985, but it is a 1987.
2nd - I went to use the e-brake cable (probably the first time it's been used in years) and it broke.
3rd - The transmission pump seal has developed a bit of a leak. I have the seal to replace it, I just haven't gotten the time to do it.

I'm adjusting the price for the two issues above. $1200 firm the way it sits right now, and I'll throw in the seal to replace the leaking one. If I fix the two issues above before anyone picks this up, the price is going back to $2k.

wow, damn I remember driving one of those back i nthe 80's. I test drove one, right after drving a SVO, pretty much the same, just more unique look

Car willl also come with a Sony cd player.
I was hoping to sell this to another auto enthusiast that I know will take care of the car, but if I don't get some serious interest by tomorrow it will be going up on craigslist for the masses.

I've had four XRs, loved every one of them. Last one I had was intercooled (modified Thunderbird TC underhood), it ran really nice. That is a very nice car, especially considering it's in the Midwest. Both of the cars I owned in Cleveland ended up getting pretty rusty.

That car needs a good home with somebody who'll appreciate it. Good luck in finding it a new owner.

Post this on turboford.net and it will be gone in a week.

Hell, I'd buy it if you were closer.

Post this on turboford.net and it will be gone in a week.

Hell, I'd buy it if you were closer.

If you want to post it up over there, I'd appreciate it. I'm not registered there and it seems there is no way to register. I looked all over their site, no registration link.