Front Tire Reccommendations

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
I need help choosing a front street tire. I have Weld Vitesse 4 x 15 inch front rims. I have always used a bias-ply 28 x 4.5 -15 Hoosier Front Runners on the street. This of course, has it's problems.

I definitely need a tire at least a true 27 inches tall. I'm running 325/50R15 MT Drag Radials out back and I absolutely want the car to sit level. I can't find a radial that tall. I see that Pro-Trac makes a p215/75-15 that is of polyester/fiberglass belted construction. It appears to be a decent street tire. But I cant see the profile. Is it ugly? I would like to maintain a clean look.

How about the MT Sportsman tires? They are available in 28 x 7.5 -15. I don't love the look, but maybe they would preform adequately on the street. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm not cutting any canyons. However, I need something better than the Hoosiers.

Any shared ideas or past experience will be of big help. And no. I'm not getting a wider rim this season. It's simply not in the budget.
photo (10).JPG
photo (11).JPG
photo (13).JPG

I need help choosing a front street tire. I have Weld Vitesse 4 x 15 inch front rims. I have always used a bias-ply 28 x 4.5 -15 Hoosier Front Runners on the street. This of course, has it's problems.

I definitely need a tire at least a true 27 inches tall. I'm running 325/50R15 MT Drag Radials out back and I absolutely want the car to sit level. I can't find a radial that tall. I see that Pro-Trac makes a p215/75-15 that is of polyester/fiberglass belted construction. It appears to be a decent street tire. But I cant see the profile. Is it ugly? I would like to maintain a clean look.

How about the MT Sportsman tires? They are available in 28 x 7.5 -15. I don't love the look, but maybe they would preform adequately on the street. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm not cutting any canyons. However, I need something better than the Hoosiers.

Any shared ideas or past experience will be of big help. And no. I'm not getting a wider rim this season. It's simply not in the budget.View attachment 250489 View attachment 250490 View attachment 250492

I just realized I can't use the Pro-Trac either. It seems as if it needs to be on at least a 5.5 inch rim. There has to be a more street worthy tall tire for a 4 inch rim out there. Right?

no sure what tire to use. but damn your car looks great love the stance with the wheels. is that motor in your sig the one in the car?

no sure what tire to use. but damn your car looks great love the stance with the wheels. is that motor in your sig the one in the car?

Yes, The motor pictured in my avatar is the one in my car.

You are from Queens? I'm surprised we haven't run into each other before. We will soon. I'm might be planning a North Eastern get-together in lower Westchester this late spring or early summer. That is, if Spring or Summer ever come!

Basically it would be a BIG-ASS BBQ for Buick people. If this comes to be......It will be posted as a thread in the New England, Northeast, MAGNA, and Turbo Lounge.

More on that later in other threads.

Look up a calculator. Ive got 195 60 with a 275 50. Front is about 1.5 shorter. Approx. 24 range and back is upper 25 inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up a calculator. Ive got 195 60 with a 275 50. Front is about 1.5 shorter. Approx. 24 range and back is upper 25 inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? That's kinda Chinese to me:confused:
I'm not sure what you mean can you give me some rookie help.

So, I like to have more options then just the one MT Sportsman SR Radials. Is there anything else you guys have experience with? Remember, I'm looking for something 27 to 28 inches tall. No shorter and no taller. I guess I'm being pretty picky, huh?

I was looking at the Kumo Sense KR26 in a 205/75R-15 for the front. It is 27.1" tall but may be wider than you want.

Mike