front suspesion ?

1986TR

"EVIL RGL"
just tore down the complete front end both lower and upper a arms are out and on the floor:biggrin: now my buddy works at auto zone and i can get a very good deal on all the bushings (duralast)my question is are this bushings good for a daily driver iam not into track racing but i will open a can of whoop a@s on the mustang boys from time to time.also ball joints look good should i replace them they are nice with no play whatsoever i think i might just leave the ball joints alone any input is apreciated:biggrin:

balljoints aren't expensive, and now would be a good time to replace them...

no experience with autozone bushings, but they should be ok. make sure the sleeve for the mounting bolt is 12mm, not 1/2" as seems to be common.

skip the cheap suspension parts and spring for at least Moog- or preferably Dana/Spicer. the price difference between the cheap house brand and the good stuff if you redid all the wear parts in your front end might be $50- bushings, balljoints, tie rods and sleeves, idler arm, sway bar links and bushings- but i wouldn't use anything less on such critical parts.

Go with Moog parts.

1BadElky, the reason your bolt diameter was off in your bushing is because you ordered them for an S-10. They are different size than our cars.

Another way to go is tall (A body) spindles and Global West upper and lower control arms. This will improve the car handling 1000%. With the tall spindles 12" brakes can be added.

Use the Moog "Problem Solver" series. They are rubber but are supposed to approach the performance of polyurethane bushings.

Rob

Trying to keep the legacy alive

I found this stuff on Summit Racings site, Energy suspension bushing set, Moog (Federal Mogul) front and rear OEM springs for $355+shipping. That bushing set includes all of them except body and motor mounts and they are polyurethane graphite impregnated. I guess the red bushings while cool looking have no graphite and squeak more. Even includes a new tranny mount. Seems like what a number of the folks on the Turbo Regal site have used.

We are in the process of figuring out what to install as well.

Does anyone have a preference on engine and body mounts? I'd like to go polygraphite in all areas but wanted to ask before we commit.

Go with Moog parts.

1BadElky, the reason your bolt diameter was off in your bushing is because you ordered them for an S-10. They are different size than our cars.

already checked that. I called ES and the guy said they don't even carry a sleeve with a 12mm ID. he said the ones they sell for G-body's are 1/2" ID and he had no clue that they changed to metric in 79.