Front spring change for 16" wheels??

PLAINWHITE T

Tree peddler
I'm in the midst of contemplating a new wheel/tire combination for my '86 T-type and am leaning toward the GTA style 16" wheels. As many of you know, the front spring rates for an '86 were a bit softer than the '87 model resulting in a lower ride height. I have noticed that some vendors familiar with this recommend the purchase of new front springs for the '86 models when upgrading to a 16" wheel choice. My question is if anyone here has had any clearence issues in fitting this combination on the front of an '86 and had to change the front springs as a result??? Thank you.

i don't see why it would matter- a 26" tall tire is the same height reagrdless of if it's mounted on a 15" or 16" wheel..

i don't see why it would matter- a 26" tall tire is the same height reagrdless of if it's mounted on a 15" or 16" wheel..

I see your point...but the GTA rims are 8" wide whereas the factory wheels are 7". I guess that's where my concern lies....I should have been more clear on that.

Dont worry about it. It's not going to make a bit of difference. If you want to get a new spring, put the Moog 5658's in there and you'll happy as a kid in a candy store!

My gta s clear fine on my 86 245/50/16

Attachments

• TINTMASTERS 001.jpg
    TINTMASTERS 001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 81