Front parking lights

87lc2/wo2

I've been noticing that my front parking lights only have an outer light bulb (2057A amber bulb). Everyone else has both inner and outer working. I physically removed my parking lights to find an empty socket opening on both inner sides of the housing(s). However, the empty holes are on the top side of the housing as opposed to being behind like the outers. Sorry, I don't have picks yet, and I found a male two prong connector on each side of the front parking light harnesses that are just hanging. Where do I find this connector assembly with the parking light socket?

Let's see if I can help you here...I went out to the garage and took off the driver's side parking light and took a few shots for you....take a look at the photos....

Here the light is taken out and you can see the socket/wire that you're missing. That's the first part you'll need.

DSC_0064.jpg

The picture below shows the other end of this wire/socket...it goes through the parking light hole and connects to a weatherpack connetor, which is on the front of the metal brace.

DSC_0065.jpg

Here I disconnected it for you...you can see the wire color code is "one black wire, one brown wire....it runs up to the headlight wiring harnes

DSC_0067.jpg

Here, I think you can see that the other half of this weatherpack connector runs up to the harness....hard for me to get my Nikon up there, as I have a habit of breaking expensive things here...:rolleyes:

DSC_0068.jpg

Here's another shot for you, you can see you need a weatherpack connector and a socket...the socket takes a 194 bulb.

Hope this helps you...if you need any more clarification, I'm sorry I won't be able to do it, as my camera is too big to stick up in all that mess of wirings, brackets, braces, mud, dirt, flat bugs, pieces of road kill, what have you.:tongue: You can get these pieces from any wrecked '83-'87 Regal, I believe...seeing you live in Hawaii, well, I don't think many of them wash up on Wakiki Beach from the mainland....:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Attachments

• DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 119
Oh, forgot to tell you.... the photo below explains why I was able to go out and do this for you......:rolleyes:

DSC_0070.jpg

Hope you don't have this happen to you.

Brucer '87 Grand National

Thank you

Bruce,

this is exactly what I was trying to describe. Sure wished that 2 of the required light socket and wiring assemblies would wash up ashore:cool:. After owning two G-Body Monte Carlo SS's, I find it unusual that the Regal uses two light bulb sockets (per housing), uses two different bulbs and lastly, how one bulb locks in from the top and from behind. I'm gonna call G-Body parts due to the paucity of Buick Regals here.

Most importantly, I really appreciate your assistance for going above and beyond to help me with my issue. I apologize for the late response. Caring individuals like you are what makes this forum one of a kind and continuing to help one another here is what keeps me interested in reading and posting daily. You are a true friend and brother. Again, Thank You for going out to your GN, taking it apart, obtaining photos to help me:). My wife even said, Wow, that guy is awesome.

Aloha, Dale

Bruce,

this is exactly what I was trying to describe. Sure wished that 2 of the required light socket and wiring assemblies would wash up ashore:cool:. After owning two G-Body Monte Carlo SS's, I find it unusual that the Regal uses two light bulb sockets (per housing), uses two different bulbs and lastly, how one bulb locks in from the top and from behind. I'm gonna call G-Body parts due to the paucity of Buick Regals here.

Most importantly, I really appreciate your assistance for going above and beyond to help me with my issue. I apologize for the late response. Caring individuals like you are what makes this forum one of a kind and continuing to help one another here is what keeps me interested in reading and posting daily. You are a true friend and brother. Again, Thank You for going out to your GN, taking it apart, obtaining photos to help me:). My wife even said, Wow, that guy is awesome.

Aloha, Dale

Aw, Dale, come on now....nice words will get you everywhere:rolleyes:. Hey, I didn't mind at all...you needed some help, so I tried the best I could to help you.....it's how the other guys on this forum have helped me, they went out of their way to help me (one example....Scot Walkowiak of GNSPERFORMANCE, my good buddy) I learn by others' examples. It wasn't any trouble at all, especially knowing it would benifit you....you just need to get that socket with the wires connected to the weatherpack connector.

Your kind words (and the ones from your nice wife) sure made me feel better today....thanks, buddy, I really mean it.

Now you can send me two tickets to Hawaii:biggrin::biggrin:.(just kidding) I know that place is just beautiful! Have you run into Dog the Bounty Hunter yet? If so, tell him hi for me.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT hesitate to ask anymore questions if you need help....if I can't do it, there are others here on the forum who can....if you need pictures of anything on the GN, please, feel free to ask...I'll go out and take the pictures for you, no problem.....didn't you read the sign on my GN? That's why I can take all the pictures I want for you!!!:D

I'm very sure Brian at GBODYPARTS has these two sockets/wires for you, as he has everything you need....oh, no, wait a minute.........what am I saying.......GRUMPY (Dan) has every damn Turbo Regal/Grand National part you can think of....I think this is where Brian gets his parts from! GRUMPY should now be called GM as for all the parts for these cars he's collected. I'll be even his BED is supported by aluminum bumper shocks!!!!!!!

Take care, now, and the best to you and your family. You made my day also.

Bruce '87 Grand National