Front Mount Or Alky?

FL T-Type

what gains could i see with a front mount or alky.Like drag strip times?My 86 t type ran13.47 at 101mph,the other night.mostly stock with a few boltons.but in the heat it went 13.80,would like tomake it more consisant.any help would be nice so i can see what i need to buy.P.S Before message board 14.30 at the track after message board 13.47 looking for the 12.50s now.Thanks for all the help. :D :D

All depends on how good of a tuner you are. Do you have a scan tool? Fuel pressure gauge and what about the fuel system on your car? Upgraded that yet?

Before you even get alky u need a scanner,Where those times on race gas?What
timing?What chip?How much boost?Were you knocking?

Your gains with alky will be minimal without a scanner
Remember alky itself does cool the intake charge so i would get it over the front mount anytime.
But its main advantage is that it allows u raise your boost and timing.

I've done both. If I had to do it all over again, this is what I would do.

Keep the stock intercooler but install the larger neck. IE Big Mouth, etc.
This will remove some restriction.

Secondly, install the alky kit. I have a DIY kit built after the Steve Monroe instructions/setup. I have about $200 in mine. I do not have a progressive controller...YET! If you don't feel comfortable doing something like this, then I would recommend a turn key solution like Razor's or SMC's setup.

If you weren't going to do alky, then I would say a front mount.

I would say you would notice around .5 in the 1/4 mile.

An advantage to the alky is that it won't affect engine cooling. Sometimes, with a front mount, you need to make more mods to keep the engine cool, especially with A/C. Alky is also cheaper, to start with. An advantage to the front mount is that it's always there- you don't need to fill up a tank, and it's not going to suddenly stop working under boost. Also low maintenance, so once you put it in, there's no additional expense, and it doesn't cost you every time you use it, like alky. There are other advantages/disadvantages, too. Sit down, think them through, and decide which ones best fit your situation.

i have also done both. front mount 1st and then the alky. if i were you id do the alky 1st without a doubt. then of course the front mount if funds are there. definatelly a bigger gain with the alky. :D

You will do best with alky first. Think about it. How many pounds of boost will you pick up w/ a frount mount? 5lb?? How many lb with alky?? :eek: