Front mount intercooler for sale

86BGN

I have a front mount intercooler for sale. Not a name brand but the one several people are using that was purchased off eBay from ssautochrome. I have the intercooler and all the pipes to install it. The intercooler is like new and has very few (maybe 300) miles on it. The pipes are not mandrel bent but still flow good. I had a local muffler shop bend and fit everything. I believe the intercoolers dimensions are 24/13 with 3 inch inlets and out lets.

The whole set up fits real nice and I was able to run 17-18 PSI using a TA-49 turbo and a Turbo Tweak street chip with just 92 octane gas. Huge seat of pants improvement over the stock intercooler.

I am asking $350.00 OBO for everything you need to install it and can send pictures to anyone interested or just call me and we can chat 913-558-9227

Here are some links that others have posted on their install

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149657

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1147282#post1147282

So the next question is why are you selling it? :confused:

Pronto said:
So the next question is why are you selling it? :confused:

are you having any problems?? I just finished gettin all my pipes powder coated,

buickbert, I will send you some pictures when I get home tonight

Pronto, between the TA-49 and the front mount I feel like I need a decent stall converter to make it the whole package work and I really don't want to start messing with the transmission, plus I am driving the car every day. With the stock intercooler and alky I still have lots of low end. The car doesn’t pull on the top end like it did with the front mount but you have to make sacrifices somewhere!

PaCemkr86, no problems. If you are looking for more total performance you will love it. Just watch the compressor surge and take it easy on the turbo when letting off the gas. Like I said in the post I could run decent boost with out the alky turned on using a 92 octane street chip. With alky and Eric’s alky chip 25 PSI felt like take off when the timing came on.

Thanks for the replys

There was big discussion at the NEBRA BBQ last week about front mounts and surging and turbo sizing. I'm not very versed in fm's but from what I heard, a small turbo is not really what you want with the fm. Those guys were running a 63 and up.

86BGN said:
.PaCemkr86, no problems. If you are looking for more total performance you will love it. Just watch the compressor surge and take it easy on the turbo when letting off the gas. Like I said in the post I could run decent boost with out the alky turned on using a 92 octane street chip. With alky and Eric’s alky chip 25 PSI felt like take off when the timing came on.

Thanks for the replys
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149657 <---thats my car

PaCemkr86 that is a sweet ride and it looks like you already know how well it works.

Pronto said:
There was big discussion at the NEBRA BBQ last week about front mounts and surging and turbo sizing. I'm not very versed in fm's but from what I heard, a small turbo is not really what you want with the fm. Those guys were running a 63 and up.

I am sure the bigger turbos work better, I wish some one would loan me one to try out :) but when you let off the gas wouldnt it be the same effect as a small one? I guess one could use a blow off valve...

its not in the pics, but i added a blow off valve shortly after installing the front mount, while still using a TE-60

BTW the budget FMIC works great... who ever buys it , is gettin a good deal

New Price $300.00 or make me a offer! This is a good deal for someone, I take paypal too