front mount inter cooler

sinister87GN

08 trailblazer ss
Hi all I am going nutz putting together a good street combo on my 87 gn I have a stock location stretch inter cooler whats the deal with front mounts are thay better can you build more boost cooler air going in turbo or is the stock stretch good e nuff input input input :eek: also i have a newer GT3255E turbo and $$$ to give some 1 for a mad turbo up grade let me know what you guys think thanks.................Matt

Hi all I am going nutz putting together a good street combo on my 87 gn I have a stock location stretch inter cooler whats the deal with front mounts are thay better can you build more boost cooler air going in turbo or is the stock stretch good e nuff input input input :eek: also i have a newer GT3255E turbo and $$$ to give some 1 for a mad turbo up grade let me know what you guys think thanks.................Matt

Front mounts are great for racing. The larger ones from RJC and Cottons are great.

If its a street car.. blocking the radiator in the summer is not a good thing unless you upgrade to a larger dual fan system and also have a way to moniter your temp.

What are your goals? street? track? both? how fast you wanna go?

Front mounts are great for racing. The larger ones from RJC and Cottons are great.

If its a street car.. blocking the radiator in the summer is not a good thing unless you upgrade to a larger dual fan system and also have a way to moniter your temp.

What are your goals? street? track? both? how fast you wanna go?

I want a killer street car to shoot out of the hole like a bullitt and 0 to 60 in 3.5sec some track time but not much :biggrin:

I want a killer street car to shoot out of the hole like a bullitt and 0 to 60 in 3.5sec some track time but not much
A FMIC is the better bang for your buck. In general they flow better, cool better, and look better. With what you have listed in your parts list (didn't see a turbo) I would expect 60-70 hp increase with a good frontmount, that's what we see. Also, in the summer the FMIC won't heat soak from the heat under the hood.

A FMIC is the better bang for your buck. In general they flow better, cool better, and look better. With what you have listed in your parts list (didn't see a turbo) I would expect 60-70 hp increase with a good frontmount, that's what we see. Also, in the summer the FMIC won't heat soak from the heat under the hood.

yes i want a new turbo with my combo :biggrin:

thats an easy low 10 sec car with the right turbo and the front mount .

what is the right turbo Mr Grumpy i was looking to get a 6152s that a member has on here now it a good deal new in box :biggrin:but i dont want a huge fmic I was looking @ the extreme front mount or big boy that full throttle sells :D thanks

what is the right turbo Mr Grumpy i was looking to get a 6152s that a member has on here now it a good deal new in box :biggrin:but i dont want a huge fmic I was looking @ the extreme front mount or big boy that full throttle sells :D thanks

Have a look at the RJC coolers.

I was looking @ TR custom parts fmic looks slick nice size good price do any you guys run 1 if so how do u like + hows the fit for a 6152 turbo says no turbo lag:D