Front 'Littles' - which tire?

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
I'm going with a 17" wheel most likely and am looking at doing the 17x4 for the fronts.

What size and make tire should I look at? The car WILL see track time but only occasionally.

Or, should I stay with 15" wheels? Either way, what tire do you recommend for a 4" wide rim?

Nothing. A 4" tire won't hold the car down to the surface of the road. It looks cool but it just aint safe with a car that weighs 3500 LBS.

Nothing. A 4" tire won't hold the car down to the surface of the road. It looks cool but it just aint safe with a car that weighs 3500 LBS.

This isn't going to be a road course car and will seldom be driven. I've seen numerous people running bigs/littles so I know its do able. No doubt it wouldn't be as safe as having an 8" tire up front but drag racing isn't safe either.

Anyone with this type of a set-up?

Hey ahem ahem ahem....!!!! Not to jack your thread Raven but where the h3ll have you been? We thought you got kidnapped and forced to write childrens books or somethin lol..I havent had my dose of your forum soon to be world famous and made into a movie stories in a while..Im startin to twitch and tweak... As far as your skinnies mabye go with a 5 inch wheel and a fatter tire in the front..Panic stopin on skinnies aint fun...I thought i was gonna die,it was gonna be over,a wrap..when a buddy of mine made a pass down the wrong side of an industrial park and was goin 100+ in a notch mustang into a sharp curve..i was riding shotgun...luckily there was a driveway.....

I'm running 15 x 4's up front with MT Sportsman S/R 26x6.0-R15, fit 4" rim perfect...6.5" sidewall width, 5.7" tread width, 26" dia. MT ET Street DR's out back...very happy with the combination...even drove the car on a 150 mile trip each way a few weeks back and have no complaints. You just have to remember they are disigned to go straight and don't like hard turns...helps to keep you smart on the street ;)

Thanks for the replies so far. I have no issue with going to a 5" rim and actually my son sent me some info on a new tire that M&H has that is designed for a 5" rim. I think it's a 185-65/17 in size.

I have been running 205/75-15's on 15x4's for 2 years. I never felt out of control. I think people need to stop driving stupid and just enjoy the car. I ran 28x10.5 ET Drags all last year on the back. I ran DR's on the back of my old daily driver Roadmaster rain or shine, even snow (Ohio weather changes like I change underwear).

IMO, stick with 15's. All of the fads come and go, pro street, pro touring, donk:confused:, 13" spokes:eek:, etc. A nice set of 15" racing wheels with a fat drag radial will always be cool.:cool: You don't want to go to a cruise in looking like 2002 do you?

IMO, stick with 15's. All of the fads come and go, pro street, pro touring, donk:confused:, 13" spokes:eek:, etc. A nice set of 15" racing wheels with a fat drag radial will always be cool.:cool: You don't want to go to a cruise in looking like 2002 do you?

So very true!

i have been running 205/75-15's on 15x4's for 2 years. I never felt out of control. I think people need to stop driving stupid and just enjoy the car. I ran 28x10.5 et drags all last year on the back. I ran dr's on the back of my old daily driver roadmaster rain or shine, even snow (ohio weather changes like i change underwear).

Imo, stick with 15's. All of the fads come and go, pro street, pro touring, donk:confused:, 13" spokes:eek:, etc. A nice set of 15" racing wheels with a fat drag radial will always be cool.:cool: You don't want to go to a cruise in looking like 2002 do you?

+2

Attachments

• DSC05427.jpg
    DSC05427.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 244
I'm running Weld 15x5 upfronts on MT's SR Radials - 26x6x15.

Fit is great and feels steady at 130!

Attachments

• car show 1.jpg
    car show 1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 171