Front end groan/creak after rebuild...

Boston GN

Just did a spohn front end rebuild and tubular upper arms with upper ball joints. The lower ball joints seemed in good shape and the lower control arm bushings were not changed either. Stock springs
GBodyParts.com Online
GBodyParts.com Online

Been driving it for a week or so and now it seems this rebuild has exploited some other weakness. The front end feels great. NIce and tight, but now there is this Terrible groan/creak coming from the DS front. No idea what it could be. Any ideas what I should start to look at? I know the info is pretty vague. :confused:

Thanks in advance

Got under the car tonight and it looks/sounds to be coming from the DS spring. The car also seems to lean a bit to that side.

Does it seem possible all that noise (creaking) could be coming from the spring itself?

Spring Isolator..............

Spring isolator missing or out of place on that side spring maybe?:confused:
I replaced my springs a few weekends ago and electrical tapped the isolators in place to make sure they stayed put.
HTH
Lorenzo

Hmm. It does sit one inch lower on that corner than the other three.
What springs did you use when you replaced yours??

Thanks for the help!!

It's Not tire rub?,take the wheel off an look around the wheel well,or maybe rims contacting the a-arms,is it constant or in corners,bumps,down hill?

It's Not tire rub?,take the wheel off an look around the wheel well,or maybe rims contacting the a-arms,is it constant or in corners,bumps,down hill?

No tire rub. Stock 15" wheels. Creaks more over bumps. You can have the car in park then bounce it up and down and it will recreate the noise. I'm pretty sure it is the isolator as stated by Lorenzo. It's the only thing that makes sense

That happened to a buddy of mine's car (not a regal) and it was a broken spring.

That happened to a buddy of mine's car (not a regal) and it was a broken spring.

When it broke, was the spring easily moveable? While I was under the car, the spring seemed fine. I would assume that if it broke I could rattle it around in there, no?

When it broke, was the spring easily moveable? While I was under the car, the spring seemed fine. I would assume that if it broke I could rattle it around in there, no?

Well it's still under pressure so no you shouldn't be able to move it...If you had one totally collapsed it would be much lower than an inch down, more like on the bumper stop.

If it was broke I'm sure you could see it easily on a visible inspection.

moog 5658 in front......

I have stock GN rims in front and used the moog 5658.
Rears are stock GN rims widened to 8inches. Rear springs are moog 5413.
Let us know what it turns out to be.

I haven't got to replace the springs yet but I also want to mention that the car sits 1" lower on the DS front corner than all other three corners. I'm hoping it's just an isolator that disintegrated.