Front-end Braces for PT&E SLIC

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Need to triangulate the front-end but cannot with any of the available braces, need one that works with the PT&E SLIC.
Mike

I have same issue. I'm going to make a plate to mount to original frame mount holes, then extend out with new mounting holes for braces

hello; There's no triangular brace that will fit the PT Slick without a mod. There might be a case were it does but I dought it. I got a SC & C brace (as was told by Dsapper) and got it to fit by cutting the croossover pc. and rewelding it. Also a BFH was needed a bit. That SLIC seems to fit each car differantly.
have fun
IBBY

hello; There's no triangular brace that will fit the PT Slick without a mod. There might be a case were it does but I dought it. I got a SC & C brace (as was told by Dsapper) and got it to fit by cutting the croossover pc. and rewelding it. Also a BFH was needed a bit. That SLIC seems to fit each car differantly.
have fun
IBBY

I guess I'm just plain lucky as my 3 piece triangular front braces from Kirbans' fits with no issues on my car that has the Precision SLIC. I am aware that may who have tried have fitment issues due to the PTE SLIC.
Seems that the manufacturing tolerances on these cars is all over the place (no surprises really when you consider that these cars were made over 25yrs ago) . As mentioned above, I believe there is a thread on this board about fabricating a small metal plate & attaching it to the frame which will allow them to be used.