front a-arms replacement

turbojoe

86 GREY T-TYPE
Has anyone tried the loaded (bushings installed) upper a-arms available from OLDBUICKPARTS.COM? I think they are about 129 per arm. My bushing (mostly passenger side) are shot and the car is a little sloppy in the handling dept. Seems like a fair price and no core charges. Also, while I am at it, how about the rear control arms? Anybody have a sugestion as to replacement or upgrade? I don't want to go extreme here, and want a stock appearance. Adjustability is of no concern either. Thanks, JOE:smile:

Antique Old Buick Parts CARS, Inc. Here is the link to their website. :smile:
Correction: they are now asking 149 for each side, sorry. It does come with the upper ball joint installed as well.

Attachments

• uca827l.jpg
    uca827l.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 248
You could probably take yours off, blast them and powdercoat them; and rebuild them for maybe $200 for both sides. That's just a estimate from me but it sounds right. Parts arent that much either.

Im actually thinking about unloading my tubular uppers, but Im not sure yet.

I just like the fact that everything is done already, a true bolt on! I hear it is a real pain getting the bushings and shaft out. The tubulars from g body is another good option, but yeah I'd like to keep it a stocker. :smile:

I just like the fact that everything is done already, a true bolt on! I hear it is a real pain getting the bushings and shaft out. The tubulars from g body is another good option, but yeah I'd like to keep it a stocker. :smile:

Its not too bad of a job to rebuild them. Just gotta use a ball joint press and have a torch for the bushings. That's the easiest way to remove them.

.... If you don't mind a little less weight and an aftermarket look just get the arms and ball joints from gbodyparts.com at $170 for both...............

I am so glad I do not have to ever replace the stock bushing on the pass side again since the G-Body Parts upper arm listed above uses a bronze bushing with a grease fitting, not rubber. :)

Nick, Good point. I will not rule out going with the gbody product. It would be a cheaper route.:smile:

I am so glad I do not have to ever replace the stock bushing on the pass side again since the G-Body Parts upper arm listed above uses a bronze bushing with a grease fitting, not rubber. :)

^This

One of the best things I've done!