Front A-arm bushings

I actually have a full set of stock upper & lower A-arms with brand new Moog problem solvers already pressed in them ready to insyall just sitting here that I would sell....If you need them give me a call...

SW.

Let me first say that I am anti-polly bushings so your not going to get a sales pitch from me. i think polly bushings are a commercialized product that everybody wants becasue it sounds cool to say and they read the ads in their Hot Rod magazine. I would only replace my bushings with Moog problem solvers for a normal use vehicle. The newer polly bushings have adapted anti-sqeek materials int their bushings so they dont start squaking nearly as soon as they used to. BUT....they still dry out prematurely as compared to the newer high durameter rubber bushings.

Keiths car has a welded frame, complete polly bushing kit every freakin where and the car rides as stiff as a board. We need to soften it up and p[lan to do so by using Moogs.

I'll make this point clear, if you already have polly bushings or can get a good deal on some arms that already have them installed and yours are toast, fine, use them. As long as you grease them regularly with the correct polly based grease, they will last for quite some time.

I will also point out that polyurathane bushings are less flexable and rubber deteriates in roughly 5 years. Pollyurathane will last longer but have a rougher ride. My rears consist of 2 polyurathne bushings and 6 rubber ones. You can mix them up and get a good ride. There are several ways to get a decent ride and you may need to mix and match what you you can get to get a desired effect.:smile:

I will also point out that polyurathane bushings are less flexable and rubber deteriates in roughly 5 years. Pollyurathane will last longer but have a rougher ride. My rears consist of 2 polyurathne bushings and 6 rubber ones. You can mix them up and get a good ride. There are several ways to get a decent ride and you may need to mix and match what you you can get to get a desired effect.:smile:
And I will add to that too.... Poly bushings will bind... and the Best bushing to use are the Delrin bushings...

Scot W.

I went with Global West upper arms with del-a-lum bushings on left arm and brass on the right arm. I also installed the del-a-lum bushings in the lower arms. I never drove in a car with these so I dont know how its going to ride. There is no way for them to bind up but there will be no deflection either so it will probably be pretty stiff. I had energy suspension bushings when I had the car running and they squeaked all the time. But that was back in 1994.Their are alot more choices now that are greaseable

Not to steal the thread here, but I just pulled my upper arms yesterday and the one on the driver side was a biatch to pull. On top of being there (from what I can tell) for probably her whole life since the car was put together at the factory, it was uncomfortable. I finally got it off and is being prep for prime and paint... I went with the MOOG bushings and I hope I don't regret it...

I imagine it's going to be a good fight to take my arms off as well but it will be all worth it in the end.

Polly bushings

Here is a fine example of Polly bushings on A-arms. Of course they wont squeak right away but eventually they will and this is exactly what they will do...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwlofW23Jyk[/YOUTUBE]

Upper & Lower A-arms with Moog Problem Solvers

Hey Scott,

Sent you a PM.

dave

When I put urethane sway bar bushings on my car, they squeaked.

So, I rolled up the windows, turned on the A/C, and I never heard any more noise.