Friend gave me an I/C, have questions

suprbuick7

My Friend has a Front mount I/C, helped him move, he gave mre his old I/C w/ Dutt neck. Problem is he had an accident where the I/C was pushed into the fan some of the fins are bent. What I am asking is the trade off between Dutt neck and bent fins over stock I/C in good shape. Thought i would ask first before installing

If you cant get the fins bent back to normal with a pick or fin brush, then cut the dutt neck off and have it welded to your stocker-

ive heard that it spools up better with the dutt neck, i dunno, i dont have one-
BW

I dont think the bent fins are going to hurt you anywhere youll notice , do your best to fix em . The bigger neck will give you more flow throught the I.C , you should see a boost increase too , with out changing any boost adjustments , thats how you will know your flowing more and the turbo isnt working as hard to push it in with the better flow . your turbo and the boost you run will play into how much of a perf . increase youll see . I put 25psi of boost through mine on a fairly regular basis .

I spent the time and effort to put a Dut neck on a stock I/C. I did not see any huge gains. The car changed a bunch when I removed the stocker and put the PTE setup on the car.

DR