Freshly restored 1987 GN in IL - Pic taken in Oct. 2010

Neglected but not abused

I agree....I wouldn't take twice what I have in it (now 3 or 4 times, that might get some consideration!)
I guess one of the factors also was the fact that despite the neglect, the car was not beat on. Back in those days, I was at a point in my young, dumb life where I pretty much tore up everything I drove....so I only got to drive the GN a couple of times over the years, and usually my mom was sitting in the passenger seat. The opportunities for burnouts and hard launches were non-existent. :(
One of our family friends was a Buick mechanic at the local dealer so that always worked out well for overall maintenance.
Mechanically, after replacing everything that deteriorates (thats a fair number of parts mind you) after the long hibernation, it required little to get it running the way its supposed to. The tach is still off and the TPS was a little screwy but other than that pretty smooth sailing.
The pictures that I posted were taken about 5 minutes before my mom saw it for the first time after it was restored. She lives down south and had traveled up for the weekend. I haven't posted those as she is generally crying in most and would be mortified if I put any of those on the net.

Tach behavior

No it seems to be reading about 750-900 rpm too high.

It registers 1500 rpm and the damn thing ain't turning enough revs to to barely keep running.
So when I've had the couple of chances for wide-open-throttle it's in the red long before it shifts to a higher gear.
The site you sent says on the product description for the recalibrated module that typically they redline at idle when bad. Do you know if the tach can just be "off"?
Also, I'm new to the forum so if we stray into a technical thing or two do we need to route the thread elsewhere?