Fresh motor, day after, wont start. Oily plugs.

I bought my tta from a guy who hacked it together and shortly after getting the car I was driving down the road and I heard what I thought was a wrench falling out of the engine compartment and rolling down the road and that kinda made sense since it had a fresh engine in it. Well the 1st time I took it out for a serious beating I thought I blew a head gasket since I filled the highway with smoke turns out the engine torqued up and the oil filter got punctured 2 days later I punctured another that's when I figured out a motor mount bolt fell out. The point here is with no oil pressure the 2nd time the car shut off and wouldn't restart so perhaps you also have no oil pressure get a mechanical gauge and verify it

Sounds to me like your getting no fuel. Do you here the fuel pump? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

RL

I hear the fuel pump turn on as I turn the key (engine off) and at the tip of the driver side fuel rail, when I push the little nipple (where gauge attaches to ) it squirts the fuel out, I dont have the gauge tho...Old plugs were flooded with fuel before I took em out and replaced with the new ones.

OK pump does run and fuel is getting to the rail.

Grab a can of starting fluid. Pull the maf and give it a very small shot. Put the maf back on and give it a crank. See if it responds.

Don't move the cam sensor yet.

RL

OK pump does run and fuel is getting to the rail.

Grab a can of starting fluid. Pull the maf and give it a very small shot. Put the maf back on and give it a crank. See if it responds.

Don't move the cam sensor yet.

RL

Its actually first thing I did, I have sprayed the starting fluid into tb the way you suggested and had NO response, wouldnt fire up.

No spark then. One of two things is missing. 1 power to the module or 2 the crank signal. Check ccci fuse. Then check crank sensor. From the way things sound the crank sensor may have taken some hits.

RL

No spark then. One of two things is missing. 1 power to the module or 2 the crank signal. Check ccci fuse. Then check crank sensor. From the way things sound the crank sensor may have taken some hits.

RL

It sparks nice, by puling one plug wire out and plugging the spark plug in, then crank the car, it sparks very well.
Ok, I will check the fuse and the crank sensor...when you say "it may have taken some hits" you mean something might have made it break, or because its too old?

Like I was trying to tell you before if you have no oil pressure the car won't start !!! Put another mechanical gauge on it

Like I was trying to tell you before if you have no oil pressure the car won't start !!! Put another mechanical gauge on it
James, I am going to hook up the mechanical oil gauge as soon as I get it to fire up, it wouldnt even start now, for me to even check the oil pressure. I was told it was reading 50-65 cold on mechanical gauge at the time I picked up the car from the shop. I am going to see if I can get something resolved on monday, if not, I am taking it back to the shop and hope we'll find the problem.
Thanks.

you stated way back in the begining of this thread you said you had a oil pressure problem perhaps and that could be the reason why its not starting !!!!! like i stated before with my own tta i punctured a hole in my filter and it lost pressure and wouldnt start so i rolled it back to my shop slapped another filter on it and oil pressure was restored and it restarted. im just saying maybe oil pressure is your no start problem

you stated way back in the begining of this thread you said you had a oil pressure problem perhaps and that could be the reason why its not starting !!!!! like i stated before with my own tta i punctured a hole in my filter and it lost pressure and wouldnt start so i rolled it back to my shop slapped another filter on it and oil pressure was restored and it restarted. im just saying maybe oil pressure is your no start problem

yes but car ran fine for a while after I got it back from the shop, untill the next day, I have no oil leaks anywhere, well at least not externally. I'll drain the oil and see if im missing any, then change it with new filter.

If you have a issue and there is no oil pressure it won't start or perhaps if the oil pressure sending unit is faulty. Just trying to help based on what happened to me

Just curious - if you brought the car to a mechanic to have the engine rebuilt and you now have issues with it, why not bring it back to him and let him worry about it? You paid him an awful lot of money to get the car going, and are having problems such as oil soaked plugs and low oil pressure. Sounds like he needs to make it right.

Just curious - if you brought the car to a mechanic to have the engine rebuilt and you now have issues with it, why not bring it back to him and let him worry about it? You paid him an awful lot of money to get the car going, and are having problems such as oil soaked plugs and low oil pressure. Sounds like he needs to make it right.

Oily plugs end up being actually not oil but gas, from trying to get it started, they got flooded. I am sorry, I posted "oily plugs" before I realized it seemed more like gas. My mistake.