French Opposition Continues

Actually,what I was getting at was what Family owns GM?
Last I heard was it was the same family name that was a major chemical manufaturer.
The same name was a French last name,if memory serves[now American].
Wasn't it the Dupont family?
Just checking some facts.

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
Actually,what I was getting at was what Family owns GM?
From GM's profile at Yahoo Finance, the top 10 direct holders of GM stock are themselves other financial institutions & corporations. THOSE companies themselves are in turned owned by a combination of individuals & yet MORE corporations. Gets convoluted.

GM is not like Ford, which IS controlled by the Ford family, ot the Italian family that controls Fiat (although they're about to lose it, if they haven't already, due to Fiat's deteriorating performance.

tom h,

I take your point....Talk me out of it....Michelin makes the best of the best. I've bought them for years and years.

Maybe you should go ahead and buy them. I'm not asking or urging anyone else....I'll prolly try Goodyear or Kelley Springfield.

Guys, please, we're heading over the edge again mixing business with pleasure. Pleasure meaning bashing European gov't who don't share our views; business meaning manufacturers who are based in Europe. tom h, I agree. I seriously doubt our gov't is giving responsibility for European political stances to their respective nation's private industries. Don't cut your nose to spite your face. I think our actions, the US and it's current "allies", are right for the world's health. Shame on those countries who can't see it.

I admit I'm just a little bit confused?

Isn't it pretty much just American and British troops over there giving their lives in Iraq.

Isn't it just America and Britain spending billions of their taxpayers hard earned dollars over there.

So I would think that once the war is over that only America and Britain be involved in the reconstruction. Why should the U.N. be involved now?

The French and the rest of the World were aginst us going to war. After we started dropping bombs we all saw what they did to us in retaliation. NOTHING! The French, Germans, Russians and who ever else can complain all they want. But in the end they aren't going to do anything about it.

I just wonder if the French are still going to be running their mouths once we start flying B2's over North Korea? ;)

North Korea....That is another hot spot. Stationed there in 1975-76, one could see it was a time bomb. I enjoyed the Korean people. They treated US forces with a high regard. I guess that has changed somewhat in the recent past.

I'm not sure how to deal with it though.....I'm glad President Bush has some really good cabinet members in there to suggest good ways to deal with the situation. I think it will help to deal from a position of strength, showing we're willing to meet force with force. Regimes like this (terrorists included) only understand the force with force part of negotiation.

Bandwidth police....Do I have a bloody nose? ;)