French Opposition Continues

Jacques has just figured out that France has been squeezed out of the deal. He just realized that the Brits and the U. S. are going to participate in rebuilding contracts and plum relationships with the next leadership of Iraq.

Before it is over, someone will point out that his declaration of vetoing any military action against Iraq emboldened Saddam who thought correctly the U.N. had no teeth. He never dreamed that we would act outside the U. N. Therefore Chirac's words caused the situation that led directly to the invasion and ouster of Saddam. Now Jacques is trying to reinsert France back into the deal. My guess is that he does not yet fully comprehended that he has been rendered the leader of a once again third rate country. I suspect the business interests that dominate
French politics are discussing whom the next president of France will be.

This reminds me of the siblings who won't spend time with their parents while alive, but show up at the reading of the will to argue over their share. What a waste of space this guy is.

The truth will all come out soon. Once the war is over we will all see how much military hardware and technology the Iraqis own that is stamped "made in France" or "made in Germany". The objection to the war is a dollar and cents issue for the Frenchies and Krauts pure and simple.

Originally posted by TRBON8R
The truth will all come out soon. Once the war is over we will all see how much military hardware and technology the Iraqis own that is stamped "made in France" or "made in Germany". The objection to the war is a dollar and cents issue for the Frenchies and Krauts pure and simple.

Funny how the French want a "hand" in things when they were the ones who were vetoing the whole deal.
Perhaps france needs to be reminded that "them that wins,calls the shots".
Good point about the weapons too.:)

I'm thouroghly Put Off by the actions of the French Govt. P!ss on 'em :mad: I have a long memory for actions like these. Much longer than the memory of the french people, Grrrrrrrrr.

Did any of you guys see the picture in this morning's paper of the WWII vet from Pa. who returned his medal to the French Embassy yesterday?

Mike

I too, read the same article and thought "what deceitful, hypocritical asses these french are".

I thought Chirac would fly to Kuwait and throw himself in front of a Marine Humvee, anything to protect his buddy Saddam. Now, the french whine they aren't getting cut into the reconstruction deal!

So "France will not accept a dominant US and British role in such efforts."

Oh yeah? France and whose army are going to prevent it ?

Originally posted by MJRWOOD
Box up the Statue of Liberty and ship it back!
:eek: :eek: :D ;)

HEY, that's what I said too! :D

Now France is sending 39 troops to Qatar to check for WMD?
Have we found something and taken it there or does Chirac just want his nose in this someway/somehow?

I don't know who's is driving me nuts more...the protestors who don't know what and why this war is necessary or Chirac and his support for his buddy. :rolleyes:

I don't know how many history buffs are out there[I know I'm not one],but I read that during the Second Wold War,the Vichy French fought against the British for control of Iraq.
According to 60 Minutes,Chirac when he was younger helped set up the trade ties[re.,oil] with a young Saddam Hussein and Iraq.
Perhaps the French ARE getting nervous?!

In WWII, after the Germans took France, the french navy shot at American ships at the straights of Gibralter. Then, rather than shoot at more American ships, sunk their remaining ships....Go figure :confused:

Oh well, just more of France trying to run the show. Too bad they are not a "superpower" like they think they are:rolleyes:
I was thinking of boycotting French products. Then I realized I do not buy any French products;)

I thought the same....Until I learned that B.F.Goodrich and Michelin are French owned :( I'll give them up.

Originally posted by lburou
I thought the same....Until I learned that B.F.Goodrich and Michelin are French owned :( I'll give them up.

I agree. I was considering a set of BFG tires, but not anymore. I'll go with Nittos, Mickey Thompsons, Hoosiers, basically anything besides BFG.

Originally posted by lburou
Yes, But ... I believe Michelin has at least 1 factory in the US. With globalized companies, their "ownership" may be Korean or French or whatever .. but their facilities are spread throughout the world.

Let's suppose a Michelin boycott succeeded in cutting their US sales by 25% ... do you think the french Michelin chairman of the board would resign in disgrace, or give himself a paycut?

No, they would just lay off a lot of their USA workers!

Be careful what you wish for ...

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
Who owns GM?:confused:
GM & Ford are both US corporations. In fact GM has majority ownership of Isuzu, who makes the Duramax diesel engine, and GM has significant stakes in other country's auto makers.

Ford incidentally, owns much, or most of, Jaguar.

We all know Mercedes Benz now owns Chrysler :( The germans have been nearly as anti-american & obstructionist as the french.

Their foreign minister, Joshka Fischer, is well known as left-wing radical from the 70s ... ke kept denying he was involved in any leftwing shenanigans until someone turned up a photo of Fischer kicking & beating a german policeman who had fallen on the ground. Fischer was linked to other german radicals who had been arrested in possession of explosives, although it was never "proven" Fischer had a direct hand in plots to blow up things.

Let's not forget that most of the 9/11 terrorists came through, and had done their planning, in Hamburg, Germany.

It's well known that many Muslim radicals go to germany, go on german welfare, and then spend their time advocating violence & denouncing western democracies.

germany has nearly as much at stake in oil contracts & potentially illicit commercial ties to Iraq, as does France.