Freezing My But Off !!!

vador1

well guys i know that the heater is the last thing most of us think about but i started driving my gn on a daily basis i have tried everything from new thermastat to flushing out core also ckd the heater valve vac. is good and operating but still no heat just cold air please help any advise will help thanks:(

Where do u live? It's pretty miserable here in CT but should get warm in a couple of weeks.

maybe the flap in the heater that controls the temperature is stuck in the "cold" position.
did you verify that coolant is actually flowing thru the core? both of them should be warm, but one hose should be hotter than the other. if they are both cold, then you've got a water flow problem.

Sounds like you either have a broken blend door lever, or your (if you have it) electronic controls are screwed up. Put your hand on the heater box and confirm it's hot and then make sure both lines are hot. If that's the case then it's under the dash.

im in texas we just had a blizzard come through here it sucked no heat for defrost talk about pulling an ace ventura to drive to work

i dont have the electronic control head. i have ckd the the cable that pulls the blend door it seems to be operating but i hadn't thought about the actual door being broken i will check today also the heater hoses do seem to get hot one is colder to the touch which is outlet. also thanks for your help

maybe the flap in the heater that controls the temperature is stuck in the "cold" position.
did you verify that coolant is actually flowing thru the core? both of them should be warm, but one hose should be hotter than the other. if they are both cold, then you've got a water flow problem.

i will go in that direction today to check the door also both hoses do get hot although when just in idle mode jus warm to the touch so maybe i do have a flow problem water pump maybe? thanks again for your help evryone here is very helpfull

Both hoses getting hot would indicate that your heater core is up to temperature. I'm sure you can hear your blower motor working, so maybe the blend door is not being moved by the the cable, but in my experience you would feel that the other end of the cable is not connected to anything when you move from hot to cold on your control head. Take a quick peak behind your glovebox.

Are the cowl vents clear of leaves and other junk that could restrict air flow? If nothing else, and I've had this work before, disconnect both of your heater core hoses, and take a garden hose with a typical sprayer on the end and blow that high pressure stream of water thru the heater core. It's possible that there is some blockage in the heater core. Good luck, and let us know if it works!

I can't believe you guys just got a blizzard in Texas!

Both hoses getting hot would indicate that your heater core is up to temperature. I'm sure you can hear your blower motor working, so maybe the blend door is not being moved by the the cable, but in my experience you would feel that the other end of the cable is not connected to anything when you move from hot to cold on your control head. Take a quick peak behind your glovebox.

Are the cowl vents clear of leaves and other junk that could restrict air flow? If nothing else, and I've had this work before, disconnect both of your heater core hoses, and take a garden hose with a typical sprayer on the end and blow that high pressure stream of water thru the heater core. It's possible that there is some blockage in the heater core. Good luck, and let us know if it works!

I can't believe you guys just got a blizzard in Texas!

Thanks alot for all the help i will try that this weeking cuz we actually got 1/2" more of snow last night the weather is crazy here!