"FREE" 84 Regal

bakerlaw67

BQQSTED
Now I've done it and my wife is going to kill me. I put my heart before my head and bought a clear-titled parts car.

http://www.castimore.org/84BuickRegal/

Living here in Phoenix, buying a car in Jersey was pretty stupid, but the price was right! Knowing transport costs from experience (My '83 T is from Oregon and cost over $600 to ship) I can imagine that it is not practical to bring it back cross- country.

So here's the deal. I picked it up for the seats, console, upper/lower door panels, bumper strip, some interior stuff, but mostly THOSE WICKED WHEELS. What I propose is that if there is somebody on the East Coast who wants the shell, engine, steering wheel, glass, etc. I will GIVE what's left to them in exchange for stripping and paying to ship the parts I need (and we can discuss the parts list based on shipping costs).

NOTE: The non-turbo 3.8 DOES run, but I guess only good enough to get on a trailer or truck.

Alternatively, if there is someone out West (preferably within a few hours of Phoenix) who needs the stuff, if they pay to get the car to me, I'll strip it and send the rest on its way. (I doubt that this idea would be financially sound)

Contact me at: baker@lawyer.com

If the cars got a good tiltle why is it going to be used as a parts car? Looks like a pretty clean car to me (from the pics). Heck, someone should take the whole car and convert it to a TR, or just put a V8 in it and drive. IMO, just seems like a bit of a waste. Getting harder to find a clean complete car.

I could REALLY use the doors. My 'parts car' storage is slim to none we already have five Fbodies sitting around.

LC2 offers this description of the car (which I have never seen):

Well.......I talked to Wayne and went to see the car.
I will have to pass on the offer but thank you anyway.
I was going to get the car and send you the parts and
put it back together for a "sleeper". :)
Needs too much work to do this.
The doors are rusted bad on the bottom and would
require new skins. (typical east coast rust).
The interior is trash except the door panels,dash pad
and console.(things you want).
The wheels are nice though. :)
The car was repainted and I'm guessing it was a $200
job.I can't tell if the quarters or fenders were
bondo'ed at that time but chances are..........

So here's the deal. The car (complete minus the wheels) is up for grabs. All I want in return is the wheels shipped prepaid. Surely there must be somebody that can make the shipping costs back on the bumpers, console, steering wheel, interior, etc. or needs the good parts. The only catch is that it has to be done ASAP.

The car is in Roselle Park, NJ