FP/Inj Fuse

W

wubbledoo

Every time I try to start my 87 GN, the FP/Inj fuse blows. I have tried the default 15 amp fuse, 25 and 30 amp fuses, and get the same immediate blow of the fuse. Any ideas? Is the fuel pump bad? Or is it just a short in the system somewhere? If a short, how do I start to find it?

Make sure the wire that runs to the oil pressure sending unit is not grounded out against something...

then unplug this connector and see if it still blows.

Been there, done that............i had the same problem a few years ago...check your fuel injector wires around the fuel rail. My fuel injector wires was worn down causing the exposed wires to touch the fuel rail and cause the fuse to blow.... might not be the problem but check it any way.. :D

Thanks

Thanks for the input. Sure enough, a worn wire was touching the mounting bracket for the alternator, shorting the system. I moved the wire, replaced the fuse, and voila, it worked asap. Thanks again.:)

ACCKK!!!!

Do not ever put a larger fuse in place of a smaller one that blows!!! That is a really good way to fry your ecm or electronics on your car that will make troubleshooting problems later a ROYAL PITA...

If a fuse blows and you replace it with another same amperage fuse and it keeps blowing, then find the problem!!! Don't bandaid it by putting in bigger fuses!!! The fuse is there to PROTECT the electonics, otherwise they wouldn't put fuses in...