Four turbos on a BBC

Mike T

I found this while looking for some ideas on another project. I think I see a spot for two more.
QuadTurboEngine1186843064.jpg

Mike is actually a friend of mine he has an 87 with about 1200 hp. And snowmobile injectors for the first stage the car is sick. Really nice guy.

what a service nightmare. looks like it would take a couple hours to get the valve cover off.

He has some ridiculous cars i was lucky enough to see one he was working on some tube frame chevelle with twin turbo's they were big enough to fit my head into!

Can I get that installed in my Buick?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The fabrication skills shown on all of that are downright astounding!

Even being on the conservative side there has to be more than 50 feet of tubing on this thing.

The is awesome. I found this info on it.

Moran debuted a quad-turbocharged 442ci big-block in the Casper Camaro and went testing prior to the start of the NMCA season. The engine topped 2,200 horsepower on the dyno and Moran struggled to get all the power to the track at the first event. It only took one race for NMCA officials to ban the four turbo set-up in competition. Having the combination immediately banned was aggravating for Moran, and he wound up selling the engine and retiring the car in order to concentrate on building a full Pro Mod machine.

D

The is awesome. I found this info on it.

Moran debuted a quad-turbocharged 442ci big-block in the Casper Camaro and went testing prior to the start of the NMCA season. The engine topped 2,200 horsepower on the dyno and Moran struggled to get all the power to the track at the first event. It only took one race for NMCA officials to ban the four turbo set-up in competition. Having the combination immediately banned was aggravating for Moran, and he wound up selling the engine and retiring the car in order to concentrate on building a full Pro Mod machine.

D

My thoughts harken back to NASCAR and the 81 - 83 Turbo Regals.........

@ 2200 he has 2 cylinders making more power than my car on a good day.

You know what's funny is that while you were telling me about your job building race engines this is the guy that popped into my mind. BTW way enemy # 1 on my stage II project is $$$ and enemy # 2 is about 5' 5" tall.

that's a very old pic of the motor mike had in casper a white 2000 Camaro. had many bugs to work out with the quad setup soon after went to a twin setup.