Found website selling new GTA wheels for $699 per set...

87gnguy

Hawks Third Gen Parts - Wheels

I found this website selling reproduction GTA wheels. Has anyone ever ordered or dealt with them? I've been told you can't buy them new anymore. I've seen people on this forum selling 4 front used ones for $500-$600. They want $699 for a new set. Any thoughts?

Classic Industries makes them. From what I hear, they are high quality reproductions that are exact. Do a search, it's been covered before.

well "Classic something in Kali) use to have them YEARS ago .. This will kill the used one's price wise :eek:

As long as they're not made in china, taiwan or somewhere else cheesy. I'd HAVE to look into that before mounting ANYTHING on them.

I bought a set in 98 and they were perfect and made in Japan. I still have them today.

looking at it closer, its 800 a set....u have to buy the fronts individually....

I called them and the guy told me if I buy 4 wheels whether it be 4 fronts or front and rear I get them for $699 per set. Still, even if it's $800 a set, that still is worth it to to me to get new ones vs $500-$600 per set then have to get them refinished. I was also told not to buy from Classic Industries because they are ALWAYS backordered and it takes months to get a set. Plus, they have them in stock.

I called them and the lady told me if I buy 4 wheels whether it be 4 fronts or front and rear I get them for $699 per set.

That's good, I was going to suggest someone contacting one of these companies and trying to get the same deal for 4 fronts.

As long as they're not made in china, taiwan or somewhere else cheesy. I'd HAVE to look into that before mounting ANYTHING on them.

Original equipment ones were made in Japan.

Original equipment ones were made in Japan.

I know, and the Japanese are anal about quality control. They won't even buy our steel, 'cause it doesn't meet their standards. I'd rather buy something that's been manufactured there, than most anywhere else. The majority of the front ends I've had on my Harleys were made there, 16" IROC/GTA wheels, etc. Huge difference from the crap that comes from china.

I called them and the guy told me if I buy 4 wheels whether it be 4 fronts or front and rear I get them for $699 per set. Still, even if it's $800 a set, that still is worth it to to me to get new ones vs $500-$600 per set then have to get them refinished. I was also told not to buy from Classic Industries because they are ALWAYS backordered and it takes months to get a set. Plus, they have them in stock.

Cost me $1200 to get a set refurbed in 2006.:mad:

i agree even at 800 it would be a deal...they look great, and if 4 fronts were the 699 price, it would be a home run....i just know that some places lure you in with the cheap price and then amazingly its more when you go to pay....thanks for making the call and speaking to someone and making them aware that the GN community needs the four fronts

i bought some done already for that much shipped saved me money and time going that route.

You're one of the lucky few. I've been looking for some for that kinda price for a while but the ones I've found have curb rash or are banged up and need refinishing.

There's a couple of pictures of new Classic Industries rims on this section of the forum, and they didn't look too kool to me. At least one rim had either paint that had run & dried in the webbing or the webbing was not de-burred like it should have been at the back-side of the webbing. Still, might be worthwhile though to buy new Classic industries and have the painting stripped & re-done. Just my $.02 worth.

Wow hawks grew a lot I remember when they use to just sell used F-body parts. I have a set of GTA wheels I was thinking of having stretched to 10 in but I just didn’t want to spend the cash.
I e-mailed them to see if there supplier could see if the manufacturer would be willing to produce them in a 10 wide or in a 17in wheel. Maybe if enough of us asked about it we could get them to do it. If we could get those wheels in 17in it would open up a lot more tire sizes to us.

For what it is worth, I bought a set about 2 months ago. They are the dimpled style, can't be told from real GTA fronts and are perfect in every way! They were packaged great and I don't see how they possibly could be any nicer. I paid $199 each from Classic Industries via ebay.

Attachments

• CIwheels.jpg
    CIwheels.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5,694