Found my knock/tick

next_level

i posted a while back when i got the car about this wierd ticking noise...i went through everything that everybody suggested (without pulling the motor) all the normal stuff, downpipe, converter, flywheel, lifters, blah blah blah...well i ended up pulling the motor the other day...and lucky me, i cracked a piston....i dont have the motor torn down yet, but from having the pan off it just looks like the skirt cracked off...and that was slappin around in my pan, doesnt look like it did any other damage....cylinder wall doesnt even look bad from the bottom...it did take a knick outta my crank where it was drilled from balancing, so hopefully that can be repaired....

just though i post it up for all you guys searchin for that noise...sometimes it's not a common problem

Help me understand what you really mean....Are you saying the advice you got online was worth exactly what you paid for it? ;)

Glad to hear yoiu got to the bottom of things....It really could have been MUCH, MUCH worse. :)

Godspeed :D

by no means....all the advice was great....just basicly if you knew me....and my luck....all those easy things had nothing to do with me...

just was saying just cause you cant find it right away doesnt mean there really isnt an issue..i've seen people say "probably just one of those noises these cars make" well if i would've went with that thought i'd bepickingup rotating assembly parts somewhere on the side of the road

oh and it got worse...

finsished the tear down today, 2 wiped mains, 1 spun cam bearing....
and my crank was already 010...