Found me some lead

n20junkie

Sponser needed
there i was, working away with my wire wheel on the endless task of removing factory filler from seams on the race car, prepping the interior steel for paint and i decided to clean up the dor jamb areas, i was wheeling away on the top iof the a-piller near the gutter trim lip ( trin is all removed ) and i notice that the wheel removed a bunch of metal, dam not i have to weld it,l i break out the mig welder and start my attempt at a repait, but the metal kept fizzing away, i though dam this stuff is thin, then i see something fall out of the corner of my helmet, i flip it up to see a pool of lead molten onto my POR15 painted cage. then it hits me, while buick used a polymer filler on the B-piler to roof joint, here they used lead, well lets say that i had a little mess on my hands, but i got out the fiberglass filler and fixed her up, live and learn, on a side not, i bruched the lead off of the cage, and the por15 was unharmed, that is some tough crap.
Grant

Did a search to see what was said about the lead.

I was doing some welding and had some trouble - noticed the lead melting away:mad:

did not know the factory did that

Yea, it was a huge surprise for me as well. At first your like "why isn't this welding good" then you hear the plop plop of metal hitting the floorpan. Not fun at all.