Found a new wax for black cars

87 Drop top

Checking out the auto aisles at a big box store i found a new black car wax 2 step system. for 16 bucks i thought i'd give it a shot. didn't take away all the fine scratches but overall i'm pretty inpressed. i'll let the pics speak for themselves. just a camera phone, but still looks pretty good. 1204110226.jpg1204110008.jpg1204110225.jpg

Assualt 022.jpgAssualt 020.jpgAssualt 019.jpgI've used regular liquid turtle wax on most of my daily drivers, when I had my chevelle I got in to meguires for a long time. Would like to get her buffed out this winter sometime but thought I'd try something new. Here a few better pics, although digital cameras aren't my strong suit either! lol

Thanks for the comments! I like em to run good, but really just love how a black car looks all waxed up! Love the signature Black3, been a Sr. fan for many many years. follow Jr. but haven't latched on to another driver since he died. that is just an old junker fridge painted appliance black, racing tape down the side, and a 3 from vinyl shop. best part is the keg n frosty mugs hiding inside! the earnhardt, harley, gas station signs, and rt 66 stuff compliment the gn very nicely! my favorite place to hang out!

looks really good. I have always had good luck with turtle wax products.
I know alot of us like to take care of our own cars and you mentioned buffing the car this winter. Not sure if your going to do this yourself but here
is a great forum for paint and body.
http://www.autobody101.com/forums/

Wow! lots of info on that site! that one went into my favorites! only buffed out my chevelle and that was around twenty years ago with the paint guys help. the paint on the gn is looking pretty good for being done in 91 or 92. when the fine scratchs and a few swirl marks show up it's about enough to drive you nuts! but i have to say it's great to pull cover off and stare at it especially when it's 35 degrees and raining and crappy outside! can't wait for spring!!! Ohio is great sometimes!

Has anyone tried Jax Wax? Some of the guys at work love it but I haven't tried it. I have been using turtle wax ice.

I use this wax from my detail shop, it's called "Enhancer". You can wax car in sun and wipe wax off later. Great stuff.

This is GrandNasty.....last waxed 3 years ago....................

Attachments

• GrandNasty in Greenport 001.jpg
    GrandNasty in Greenport 001.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 134
mine is also black car is this be the best wax we can get?
anyway thanks for the info