Found a GN (shame)

BuckeyeTroop

I found an '87 GN sitting on a muffler shops lot in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a bunch of salvaged junk cars. Doors, quarters and fenders appear to have no rust. I took a magnet to it today. All solid. There is some rust on the roof edge near the t-top glass,but not bad. It appears to have sat for quite a while. Top surfaces are rough but solid. Driver's seat tore up pretty good but the rest is decent, just filthy. Header panel has broken lip. Amazingly all bumper fillers are in good shape though probably not original. Spoke to shop owner and he claimed it only needs a crank sensor and "should" fire right up. Clean title with 147k miles showing. Thought about trying to buy just to get it out of there and it appears to be very solid. Here are a couple pics. Also, that's a '94 ZR1 behind it. Flood title from hurricane Sandy. Started up and sounded good.

If you can get it for less than $4000, I'd say go for it. Parts are worth that plus some.

P.S. - I wouldn't risk bringing a working crank sensor or anything to try and make it run. You won't know if the motor has oil pressure or not.

If you can get it for less than $4000, I'd say go for it. Parts are worth that plus some.

P.S. - I wouldn't risk bringing a working crank sensor or anything to try and make it run. You won't know if the motor has oil pressure or not.

Getting a price out of him was like pulling teeth. He finally said $4500 but then said he'd take less without me reacting to the price.

Yea you would be overpaying at that price. Get it as close to $3000 and you got yourself a great purchase.

Take 30 100.00 bills and see what he says....then have 5 more just incase lol

how is that a "shame"?
get it running, blow the cobwebs off it, and you've got a real GN that you wouldn't mind leaving in most door ding prone part of the the Wal Mart parking lot (right next to the oversized handicapped parking spots) for under $5k..

how is that a "shame"?
get it running, blow the cobwebs off it, and you've got a real GN that you wouldn't mind leaving in most door ding prone part of the the Wal Mart parking lot (right next to the oversized handicapped parking spots) for under $5k..

The fact that it is sitting there being allowed to rot. I just happened to stumble on it.

I say get him under $4k and grab it! Also, you should dig in about that ZR1. If not for you, for someone else willing to save it. I'd love to have a 1st gen ZR1. I have no money or space right now, but if it all works and is dirt cheap I'm sure someone would nab it if the price is right.

Zr1 vette! That's got an lt5!!!!!!they are expensive and awesome!! Get a package deal going.

I say get him under $4k and grab it! Also, you should dig in about that ZR1. If not for you, for someone else willing to save it. I'd love to have a 1st gen ZR1. I have no money or space right now, but if it all works and is dirt cheap I'm sure someone would nab it if the price is right.

I talked to him about the ZR1 because it's 1 of 11 Black Rose cars and 1 of 4 with gray interior. One of the four has been salvaged, this one has flood title and I PM'ed an owner of the third one on Corvette forum. Not sure about the 4th car. He started out asking $11k as it sits.

Hmm, 11k may be a bit high given it having a flood title. I know ZR1 owners usually ask in the low 20k range, but I've come across some clean examples that are bargains due to the owners wanting a quick sale. I've seen a few go for 14k-15k with lower miles that are clean.

I'm also in ohio and I have a all the parts to restore that car and I have been trying to find a good candidate car. If you don't buy or want to sell to me please let me know.