Found 1978 Regal Carbed Turbo in Local Yard

FamilyMan

Stealth GN
The motor was complete including the turbo. The owner of the yard said it had a rod knock so most likely the crank is toast. The interior was in reasonable shape and some of the badging that the 78's came with. The exterior badges were gone. Anyone interested in anything off this car. Is so send me an e-mail and I will check on it for you.

I found one down here about a year or so ago, tried my best to get someone to take it and save it's life. It just broke my heart to see it go to the crusher, but nobody seemed interested in it....:(

:cool:

I need a PECV valve off that car if possible. I have a 78 as well and my car wont run right without it. If you have any insight please email me at matthewt1@adelphia.net. Thx

Will the heads fit on my 84 carbed V6? If so, how much do you want for them? And where are you located? I'm in the D/FW area of Texas.

'78 Heads are a low port design, you don't want them.

Any 1979/87 head off a 3.8 or 4.1 RWD motor will work. There must be plenty of them in your local junkyards.

Oh, I'm sure there are, but being a full-time grad student and a full-time youth minister, the only times I'm free to even think about working on my car are those when most legal businesses are closed...

Besides, I'm still very new at actually doing the work on my car, so the more help I get, the better.

BTW, what about the carb and manifold? How different are they from the NA 84-87s? I'm new to this whole pre-black idea, too. Loved your (b4black's) website. Very informative, and very cool looking car(s).

The only 82 Grand National I've ever seen was right after I first learned of the cars' existence, and when I said (foolishly, I admit...) "didn't they only make those from 84 to 87?" the guy verbally brutalized me... He was using some words I didn't know existed, and I went to a public high school.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to find out that it's not only possible to turbocharge a carbed 231, but that Buick did it for a while. No one ever mentioned that in all the stuff I've read until just a few weeks ago when I first started looking at these message boards for tech advice.

Okay, so I know I'm rambling, but give me a break, the longer I spend here the longer I get to neglect the paper I'm writing for Monday...