Forward and Direct clutch failure

boostmaster

I have had an episode where the forward and direct clutches have failed at least 3 times continuously and I can't seem to find out why. Can someone point me in the right direction of what may be the cause of this failure and where I need to look. Pressures are always good 230-240ish at full TV when testing. Just can't figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pete

Pete, your line pressure is low for any power level above stock. You could have leaks in you forward circuit causing them to fail. If the forward circuit is bleeding pressure and slipping, direct will follow. What shift kit are you using? Have you air checked the center support? Are you overheating the trans? Post as much info as you can...there are many variables

What are you using for a pan and filter. Even if you are getting those while testing, do you have a gauge on it when you are going wot and what are the pressures when it hits third? What are you using for boost valves and spring in that spool? Is your pump in good condition?
I would give Mr. Husek a call. He is super helpful and will point you in the right direction.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app