Ford Shelby with Roush Upgrade to 600 Something Horsepower

Epitome

Staff member
A friend of mine just bought a brand new Shelby with some Roush upgrade from the dealer. Paid $57k for it. He claims it's 600 something horsepower, but I have no clue what this car is....anyone know? Again, this upgrade is supposedly some rare edition direct from the dealer with warranty and all.

It a 2008 Roush p151a .They made 151 I believe 510 horse and 535 torque A customer of mine has one of them . Havent been for a ride. Hope it helps you out,John

He was very clear to me that it had a blower swapped by roush to make it over 600hp.

Is it a shelby gt500? The new shelby GT500 can put down over 600rwhp with a pulley change. One of my buddys made 611rwhp with his gt500. Why would they swap out the entire blower?

GT500 Shelby Cobra

Friend has a white one with blue stripes. The car pushes close to 475 hp with a pulley change pushin close to 500hp/ because of a couple more pounds of boost. This is the highest HP Mustang ever made from the factory. With the new Supersnake option /a larger Supecharger & larger injectors then they are close to 625hp. The Supersnake option is something like 15k installed..No pulley change on the new GT500 gives you 125+hp;) They wanted 60K for them here he found his in North or South Carolina at a small dealership for 46k that's why he's thinking of up grading to the Supersnake it will put him in the ballpark of what most pay for the basic GT500 Cobra and it will be warrantied if dealer puts it in.....

Perhaps his is this super snake you are talking about. His father had offered the dealer $68k for it just over 2 months ago and they turned it down. They apparently moved it to one of their other locations and when he made the offer of $57k he had no clue it was the same one his father had made the offer on. You got me on what it is. It retains the factory warranty and has some package that includes a blower swap done by roush. Anyone else have a clue?

Friend has a white one with blue stripes. The car pushes close to 475 hp with a pulley change pushin close to 500hp/ because of a couple more pounds of boost. This is the highest HP Mustang ever made from the factory. With the new Supersnake option /a larger Supecharger & larger injectors then they are close to 625hp. The Supersnake option is something like 15k installed..No pulley change on the new GT500 gives you 125+hp;) They wanted 60K for them here he found his in North or South Carolina at a small dealership for 46k that's why he's thinking of up grading to the Supersnake it will put him in the ballpark of what most pay for the basic GT500 Cobra and it will be warrantied if dealer puts it in.....

I was at CRT performance in Norwalk, OH when Jeff Chambers tuned my buddys shelby GT500 (not a supersnake). It was tuned on a mustang chasis dyno which usually gives lower hp numbers than a Dyno jet. He made 611rwhp. With a pully change, exhaust and retune with SCT software. So YES it is possible. (For argument sake I will give him a call tomorrow and confirm exactly what he had done to the car)