Ford PS IC

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
i know some members have installed this intercooler on their cars. i would like to know how difficult the installation was and what were the results (times, temps, etc.)?

thanks you:)

mine works great...willi be the first powerstroke i/c car in the 10's??

i already have the mph for it but havent launched it hard yet..

all the powerstroke info you could want is on JBanning 's site including all my install pics.

we just did an alum tank one in my buddy's car and removed 3 cores from the top of it and didnt have to do half the cutting i had to do on mine by leaving it full size ...the i/c's work like a champ

Red, what kind of coolant temp increase did you see? and how does your car run now w/o the pcv and egr? any benefit on a street TR?

i run duel fans on mine and dont have heating up problems since it got hot which is around 100 degrees with heat indexes hitting 106-109 its been getting highest temps around 180 but normally in the mid 170's and when not that hot out it will run in the 160's

i dont like oil in my intake so no pcv for me...there is nothing you can do about getting a oil residue from it but i run pretty heavy boost on pump gas so i need to keep any oil i can out the intake.

as far as egr it probly dont help performance at wot but it dont hurt to not have it either so i chose not to have one since mine was bad to start with.

i did check for pressure drop at 20# boost and found only about 1# difference from checking it at the t/b v/s checking it at the turbo

did either the pcv or egr deletions cause a code to be thrown? how hard were they to remove and how did you go about plugging up the vac. lines left open when you removed them?

bannings site

mine are on top right of page but there are others on there as well

no codes for removing egr or pcv...i made a block off plate to replace the egr valve and just did away with the hose to it ...the egr solinoid is still there with open ports no vacuum going to it either

pcv is still sitting down in the hole but nothing on it just pulled the hose off and plug it on the side going to the t/b