Ford POS IC update.

Here's the dimensions on the Ford intercooler:

Core: 29" wide x 17.75 High x 2" thick

Tanks are on the left and right, as are the in/out tubes. Left to right the overall length is 39" wide. It has a ding in one of the tubes on the front of the intercooler, but it doesn't appear to have put a hole in it anywhere. The fins are in pretty good shape with only minor bends on a few of the fins.

The part #'s on it are: YC35 6K775AA and Valeo P/N 1030218. Hope that helps!

Looks like the down side is coming out about the Ford F/M I/C.Oh well,I guess if you don't mind hacking up your car to save some money,it's okay.
I talked to Jack's brother in law last year[John] about a tubular front rad support that was going to take some weight off the front of the car and from the sounds of it,allow good access for a cold air intake.If it's tubular,maybe the tubes would clear the plumbing for the Ford I/C.You reading this John?
As to the Mack I/C thing,we've got a few converted up here ourselves and ,yup you slice it crossways.Use as much of the core as you can fit in the front of the car[forget the number of rows].I did one with 2.5" inlet and 3" outlet,both outlets pointing down.If it's the one we used,it just fits between the bumper support struts.You still have to cobble up your own piping.This should be good for mid to low 11's.Looks like the size of a CAS V-2,but about 2" thick,if I remember correctly.

Aside from the hacking this IC is great. It took me 30minutes today to fab up all the plumbing to it. It looks awesome but I still feel bad for cutting the car. So far I had to cut both inner fenders, core support, and a small piece off of the alt bracket which wouldn't be necessary with 2.5" plumbing.

I started to try and use my semi intercooler since the tanks come out the bottom and no cutting would be necessary. Only problem was it's too wide and I couldn't find any place around here that could remove the tanks, cut the IC shorter, and reattach them.

I will try and make it work. others have done it, I guess i can try too. like I said. I will give you 125 for it scott
thanks