Ford Motorsport LSx header Conversion

S2V6RACER

Banned
I stopped down at the shop and took some pics of a set of headers that just got finished up for a Mike Bamfords turbo LS2 project. We are finishing up a few extra sets for customers and personal use. Sorry for the picture quality.

headersls11ri9.jpg

headersls12gn7.jpg

headersls13em6.jpg

Do you have a part number for the BMS headers.. thanks Dennis

When will there be some in car mock up pics,,thansk Dennis

does it have to be the fms headers or can it be another company for the same car? i found some ss ones from another company for even cheaper. i found ones with 1 3/4 primaries. would that be better on a turbo car? i know n/a it should. did you have to change the pipes like you did or would they work fine with out changing them? thanks! looks awsome!

From another post I read, I believe that the centers are the same. Its just a simple matter of Ford flanges off and weld Chevy ones on.

Nice set of headers.

I'm looking for header options in a lsx g body swap, so i might consider modifying headers like this. I am possibly going turbo once i get my car set up for an lsx engine, so i don't want to spend money on a brp headers.

What is the difference from using mustang headers or camaro shorties? Is it clearance that prevents camaro shorties from facing forward?

Cool, I'm not looking to buy a set yet. I was just wondering why you use mustang headers instead of using f-body headers. I'm not too familiar with the layout of f-body shorties, but i was wondering if you could just swap those to face forward. That would eliminate the need to adapt lsx flanges to mustang headers. Is there clearance issues or it just doesnt work?

Cool, I'm not looking to buy a set yet. I was just wondering why you use mustang headers instead of using f-body headers. I'm not too familiar with the layout of f-body shorties, but i was wondering if you could just swap those to face forward. That would eliminate the need to adapt lsx flanges to mustang headers. Is there clearance issues or it just doesnt work?

The F-body header hit the steering box.So they will not work with modifying
Them.

Dennis

how much would you guys want for a downpipe and headers? you should make a jig for both, then put em in production as a kit ;)

how much would you guys want for a downpipe and headers? you should make a jig for both, then put em in production as a kit ;)
That will never happen you know y? Cause as soon as they do then some yuppie a$$hole will read about it and call ford motorsport or whoever owns the patent on those and cry cause its the "right thing to do" and then there will a bunch of bs....:rolleyes: Those are nice headers tho..