Ford F-250 Kill (whuuuttt????)

URSPANKED

That's right. I was in a two lane right turn lane beside this new-looking Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4 wheel drive diesel. As we straightened out I mashed it a little and looked back and he was on it, belching black smoke. In a bit, we were side by side going about 45. I looked over and it was a younger guy. He reached down toward his floorboard (I'm assuming to hit the propane switch) and it was on. I pulled him a bit and let off. He came back beside me so I hit it again. That riggin' ran awesome. I'm guessing they weigh 4500-5000 lbs., and I would think that thing would run early 12s.
Just shows to go you that you can't take anything for granted on the street.
I imagine he surprises many unsuspecting folks. :confused:

My 2003 Chvrolet 2500HD Crew Cab with Duramax Diesel and Allison transmission weights 6800. The Fords are heavier with the solid front axle.

My friend has an f-350 4 door crew cab 8 foot bed king ranch with the 6.0 diesel. He put a 100hp tune on it, intake and 5" exhaust. The thing friggin pulls hard!!!. Especially when he launches it in 4 wheel at 20 lbs of boost. HAHHA. We ran it on the G-tech and it got 15.69.

My 2006 F250 4x4 weighs 7,700 lbs.
There are a lot of chip/ box aftermarket people who say that their product will get you up to 800 ft-lbs.
I find that hard to believe; but that is the claim.

Yeah, Propane

Was watching a show on trucks and the guy was pushing over 1000 pounds of horses and I believe 1200 torque, yeah they can be nasty.

they definatly are cool, i wish i could afford one (and afford all the goodies for them) but the one thing i absolutely hate is when your setting next to one thats lifted and you have your windows down and they get on it and fill your car with black smoke. i've had that happen once, man did it piss me off. aside from that they are cool

denn454 said:
they definatly are cool, i wish i could afford one (and afford all the goodies for them) but the one thing i absolutely hate is when your setting next to one thats lifted and you have your windows down and they get on it and fill your car with black smoke. i've had that happen once, man did it piss me off. aside from that they are cool

I love to fill the interior of a car during the summer heat with black smoke, lots of fun.
My cummins is slow :biggrin:

BW

Attachments

• DSC00859.JPG
    DSC00859.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 233
That was really fast for the 1/8th HAHA :rolleyes: Just kidding would kinda be hard to get a run on the street with those wide hides though....Nice ride regardless.

cool

a buddy of mine is runnin 8.20's in the 1/8th with a bullydog chip,k&n fkpk kit,hes gonna get the 5" exhaust kit next.he leaves the line in 4wd and 20+ boost! its 60 ft is awsume...

At my job I was given the chance to spec out our new small dump truck.Of course I got a no frills F350 4WD 6.0 liter PS diesel.This thing lays waste to our 2000 7.4 liter Chevy pickup in short order.It also has a 50 PSI boost gauge to be proud of and a button on the shifter that is for TOW/HAUL and Haul is what it does compared to without it.This shift points are way higher,firmer and more boost is available.Very cool truck,I wish I could bring it home at night.

TurboBuickSix said:
At my job I was given the chance to spec out our new small dump truck.Of course I got a no frills F350 4WD 6.0 liter PS diesel.This thing lays waste to our 2000 7.4 liter Chevy pickup in short order.It also has a 50 PSI boost gauge to be proud of and a button on the shifter that is for TOW/HAUL and Haul is what it does compared to without it.This shift points are way higher,firmer and more boost is available.Very cool truck,I wish I could bring it home at night.

then do the next best thing and take it to the track while at work :biggrin: just don't leave the time slips in the glove box. unless they are impressive, then show your boss!

denn454 said:
then do the next best thing and take it to the track while at work :biggrin: just don't leave the time slips in the glove box. unless they are impressive, then show your boss!

The track is too far away and the spectators might notice the official tags and municipal decals on the door!

TurboBuickSix said:
The track is too far away and the spectators might notice the official tags and municipal decals on the door!

at least tax payer money would be going to good use. keeping you entertained!

Attached are some photos from a recent diesel drag race event I went to. I believe the fastest full weight Dodge is in the 9's, there are a few light weight Dakota bodies with Cummins engines in the 8's, and 1 dragster with a Cummins in the 7's.

Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0520a.jpg
    IMG_0520a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 130
Well in Texas...exspecaily here in West Texas, thats a common thing ;) I'm not sure what the fastest one is around here but I know we got some low 12's truck for sure...I think even an 11's second one. Just to give you an idea of what they way etc...my truck weighs 5600lbs and those trucks easilly out weigh me. A plain jane deisel engine weighs probaly 200lbs more than my blown 5.4L small block on alone.

We have a 4 door newer Chevy 3500 4x4 in stock complete trim runnin 11.2 here at Cordova!!