Ford F-150 EcoBoost V6 Torture Test.

That would be a dumb move at it would certainly void the warranty when it would blow up! :eek:

Not entirely true Nick. From what I read below; unless it was the aftermarket part that directly caused the failure, the manufacturer cannot deny your warranty coverage!

These links came from the SEMA newsletter. Interesting to say the least.

FTC Validates Right to Install Aftermarket Parts | Specialty Equipment Market Association

FTC rights

Auto Warranties, Routine Maintenance, and Repairs: Is Using the Dealer a Must?

Now Ford just needs to work on a TT V8 program for the Mustangs and Raptor trucks!

That would be a dumb move at it would certainly void the warranty when it would blow up! :eek:

I agree it may not be wise, and would void the warranty however, I know guys who purchase $50,000 plus diesels and almost immediatley void there warranty by installing programmers, water injection etc. I'm sure there will be those (Not Me) who test the limit of the stock bottom end.

I for one will only be buying ford when I buy a new vehicle. strictly a personal thing but as a company they did what we (american families) had to do with the econimic downturn, they tightened their belt and cut cost internially. Yes it cost jobs, but Ford refused to take OUR tax dollars to keep their buisness up and running. The things that GM and Dodge did by taking TAX dollars made sure I will never buy from them again. Jon Hanson

There are already a few being tested in sandrails with stand alone engine management getting 650-750hp all stock parts except for injectors.

They dont know how long they will last but they are going to find out.

I for one will only be buying ford when I buy a new vehicle. strictly a personal thing but as a company they did what we (american families) had to do with the econimic downturn, they tightened their belt and cut cost internially. Yes it cost jobs, but Ford refused to take OUR tax dollars to keep their buisness up and running. The things that GM and Dodge did by taking TAX dollars made sure I will never buy from them again. Jon Hanson

I hear ya but they cut over 40,000 jobs:eek::eek::eek: Thats pretty harsh.

I do not understand why I keep hearing this over and over. GM and Chrysler was not given money. They were given a LOAN with interest, Which they are paying off ASAP. Whats the big deal?? Chrysler did this in the 80's and the tax payers made quite a bit from the interest money they got back. :confused:

I do not understand why I keep hearing this over and over. GM and Chrysler was not given money. They were given a LOAN with interest, Which they are paying off ASAP. Whats the big deal?? Chrysler did this in the 80's and the tax payers made quite a bit from the interest money they got back. :confused:

Don't waste you time trying to explain it. All the information is there for everyone to see. Some only acknowledge what they want to see, hear, or understand. :biggrin:

Wow, so Ford installs -AN fittings and stainless steel braided lines from the factory? Guess they forgot to edit that part out;)

I have been a bie hard GM fan my hole life and am now on the same boat you are. ;)

No turbo diesel that Ford puts out will ever compair to a Dodge turbo diesel. They made a good effort but when you have to take the cab off to chage the fuel pump/ lift pump bad design. Also the eco boost does look nice. The dodge was only 3.2 sec behind which is not much but the chevy was sad.....

No turbo diesel that Ford puts out will ever compair to a Dodge turbo diesel. They made a good effort but when you have to take the cab off to chage the fuel pump/ lift pump bad design. Also the eco boost does look nice. The dodge was only 3.2 sec behind which is not much but the chevy was sad.....

Couldn't have said it better my self. Cummins > powerstroke.

Ford has it's **** together with all the cool cars they're offering right now. If I didn't need the 1 ton capability of my truck, I'd own a new 2011 crew cab Raptor in a second!

Ford has it's **** together with all the cool cars they're offering right now. If I didn't need the 1 ton capability of my truck, I'd own a new 2011 crew cab Raptor in a second!

I love the Raptor also ;)
FR.jpg

Raptor.jpg

I've been thinking about getting rid of My 2003 Marauder. Maybe the SHO is the ticket with the ECO Boost.

That's not going to stop me from buying GM. They are impressive videos, but there not going to make themselves look bad.

It was my understanding that Ford sold the rights to there name to stay afloat and not take Obama money. Has anyone else heard this?