Ford 9" rear for a GM metric chasis

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
This is a Ford 9" rear complete and needs some work to fit properly. It will work on a street car as well if you want a stronger rear for racing or street. 31 spline axles, 3.50 gears with a mini spool, disc brake hats and mounts for the calipers already mounted. This is a full floating rear so you shouldn't ever have an issue with a wheel coming off while diving. It's a 5X5 inch bolt pattern but there's enough room to have the flanges re-drilled for a 5 X 4.75" bolt pattern. The only thing that's missing is one drive cap that bolts onto the flange which keeps the axle held captive and the calipers. If you want to go with drum brakes and regular axles then you'd need the axles, bearings, backing plates, drums, and all internal parts. It measured 50.75" from inner flange to inner flange and 59.75" from where the wheels mount on both sides. These rears are great and cost to set one up is well over the $700.00 I'm asking for it.This is supposed to be a Strange unit but I can't swear to this. This is a heavy part and I can ship it if you are willing to pay for my time and a pallet but I'd prefer pick up.

Only $7000.00 which is about what a bare housing will cost you these days.:eek:

I'm cleaning out parts that I won't be using and trying to get some green so I can finish my car up this year. I will be offering more parts over the next few months as well as my 82 GN since money's been getting harder to come by and I really need to finish my car so it can be the first B4black car in the 10's.:D

Attachments

• DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg