Forced Induction's FI91X report!

One word;

SICK!

Oh yeah, NICE fabbing! :cool: :cool:

x2, thats is some workmanship right thur. I don't know what you have done, but looking at those pics has me throughly confused. Great job, can't wait to see results. Bring a pair of Depends with you and some holy water:biggrin:

Nice work Don. Don't know how you find the time to run a Business and do work like that....:confused:

Just Amazing.

Thanks for the nice words all. My contribution to industrial art. All I have to do is top off the intercooler tank and I can start her up. The filter can wait. :biggrin:

This really is a great thread. It's unusual to see someone sharing so many great pics and details of their high end build. Great stuff!

I'll post a pic of the filter plumbing when I get a chance. Right now, it's time to get to the race track!

I just double checked some specs and calculations and dang it, it looks like the intercooler flow capacity is going to be a problem.

I'm curious to see your intake/filter setup. What filter(s) are you running?
I'll try to remember to bring the camera home tomorrow. I'm running a cone shaped K&N. The longest one they have that uses a 4" opening.

Just got back from a weekend at the race track. And it was HOT! I am worn out.
The fueling from torque converter stall onward is very different. It has to be due to the less back pressure. I'm still tuning in the nitrous, so I don't have anything concrete to report yet. EXCEPT! :eek: Yipes when that turbo comes on boost! Only 24 psi so far and it sounds wicked!

Here's some pics of the air filter ducting.

Attachments

• IMGP0941rs.jpg
    IMGP0941rs.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 414
  • IMGP0942rs.jpg
    IMGP0942rs.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 414
Don is that filter tube the stuff from air craft spruce? it has the metal supports in it.... Ive heard of the higher hp car's having problems with it collapsing under boost and even causing turbo failures from it coming apart.

Don is that filter tube the stuff from air craft spruce? it has the metal supports in it.... Ive heard of the higher hp car's having problems with it collapsing under boost and even causing turbo failures from it coming apart.

Oh great! You know, when I was cutting that tube and setting the metal support wire, I was thinking about that exact thing. I was wondering if it might be possible for the wire to get sucked into the compressor. Hmmm. Might have to figure something else out then.

Oh great! You know, when I was cutting that tube and setting the metal support wire, I was thinking about that exact thing. I was wondering if it might be possible for the wire to get sucked into the compressor. Hmmm. Might have to figure something else out then.

I tried to find the post but for hte life of me I cant. I remember maybe 3-4 years ago reading about one of the east coast stage II cars having problems with it. I do know some of the people on theturboforums have for sure had issues with the larger frame turbos. Maybe the best thing would be to purchase a tube "doughnut" I know there $$$$$$$ but.....

something like this (not sure what size tubing your using)

Donuts from Pro-Werks

hth

I tried to find the post but for hte life of me I cant. I remember maybe 3-4 years ago reading about one of the east coast stage II cars having problems with it. I do know some of the people on theturboforums have for sure had issues with the larger frame turbos. Maybe the best thing would be to purchase a tube "doughnut" I know there $$$$$$$ but.....

something like this (not sure what size tubing your using)

Donuts from Pro-Werks

hth
That would mean a solid filter mounting from turbo to frame mounted filter duct. I want to keep some flexibility in the ducting. I'll probably go with a silicone elbow. It's 4" by the way. I think I came across a site that can make a custom silicone elbow with any angle if it turns out to be other than a 45 degree angle.