For you Riv guys

sailor77

I will be pulling the motor out of my car by Thanksgiving. Anyt one needing parts off a clean 85 t-type Riv give me a shout

Glad to see you are still pursuing your project, keep us posted on your progress. We have talked before, and I am still interested in a few parts, driver side header, front motor mount (if it does not work in your hybrid) ,front axles, differential maybe (with it out I'll help you decode the number), driver side rocker moulding (if nice) , and does the Riv have rear disc brakes?maybe a few other parts. again keep us posted.

If you want to see the difference between the Riv and Regal turbo/header/bracket set ups, they are very clearly shown in the Buick factory service manual in the second book, if you don't have the Buick manual and are interested, I can copy the few pages that show this and send, let me know about that and all the above.

Yes I am glad I am too. You need to PM me you phone # so we can talk in detail.
I will not be using the headers or motor mounts, or turbo crossover pipe pipe or down pipe. If you want the front axle with the gears is fine, 3.36 or not. I will check on rear disk brakes tomorrow. I am hoping to get home early and get to pulling the motor. I really need the garage space before winter hits me hard. Where in Ohio are you located. I will be in Ft wayne over turkey day and making a run to Cleveland as well.

Also exactly what manual do you have? I may want to borrow the whole and copy it. I am going to be work for 24 hrs on the 11th with nothing to do, would be a great time to make copies :)

I would be interested in the differential also,only if it the 3:36 gears.

Tony Massari
BF/S NHRA
1983 T-Type Riviera

Originally posted by sailor77
Does anyone want anything else off the car. I am not keeping it around much longer.

Remember to to send me a private message when you have parts we talked about off. I can call you and we can talk price and condition when ready, still interested in following;

**Driver side header
**Motor mount
**Left front fender (clean)
**Left rocker moulding
**Long axle (right) with bracket that goes into diffential (not the cv joint/axle)
**Front air dam plastic and plastic pan/tray under radiator
*Heater servo motors, they are located one in engine comp. at firewall heater hoses going into heater core, and the other is located above the heater outlet near floor, not to hard to get , best to call you to better describe these
*Transmission, again we'll have to talk on this one
*Maybe some front end parts,maybe

Two star ** parts I want for sure, depending on condition, the others one star * we can discuss, shipping may be too much on those for their actual worth, well servos are not, anyway PM or post your progress and when I can call , weekend is best here, talk soon.

For anyone else interested. The car will be gone on Monday. If there is ANYTHING that you want let me know now. If you are only have pipe dreams of having something, don't waste my time. If you really want a part and have the money then tell me now.
Happy Holidays

T-Riv Thanks for all your help. It will take me a little while to get the motor cleaned up and worthy of putting in the jeep.

Well the car is gone. Took it to the junk yard today. I got everything out this weekend. I left the wheels and fuel pump in it. I didn't feel like going thru the trouble. I pulled the entire wiring harness minus the pwr doors and rear end. Looking at my jeep, the engine bay side of the fuse panel looks to be identical. I could only be so lucky.

Here is what I have that any of you Riv guys might want
Radio- cassette
heater/ a/c controls (non electronic)
All the dash panels (fake wood stuff)
Front marker lights and head lamp bezels
gloove box
Grille emblem
heater vents (A1 condition)

Justin, let me know about offer I made (earlier PM) on DS header,motor mount, diff axle,and downpipe (depending on condition) . Trans and axle yet to be determined, thanks.