For you guys that love the Buick V6

ChrisChow

For you guys that love the sound of a Buick V6, here's a video of my car with the Duttweiler twin turbo installed. My Buick was full weight, no two-step, and an 8 point cage. The only fiberglass on the car was the hood. The picture is grainy, but the sound was preserved rather well.

Buick GrandNational with twin turbo V6 - Video

Nice pass Chris, looks like the car was moving around a bit on that pass. Can I assume you were still using the ATR bar or had you already upgraded to the Wolfe? That is definitely hauling the mail at 3800lbs!

Yup, ATR rear bar. The body was really bending over on the launch.

Nice pass Chris, looks like the car was moving around a bit on that pass. Can I assume you were still using the ATR bar or had you already upgraded to the Wolfe? That is definitely hauling the mail at 3800lbs!

As an aussie that just loves your work Chris.....let me say
YOU ARE THE MAN....and i can only hope to meet you on one of my trips to the states.
Cheers DAMON

The version of that pass when I can be heard screaming is much better...

Chris is putting the car back together, it could be out later this year.
He has 2 young children that are a priority.

7.9 thats the car in the old dyno videos?

That is correct but it had different heads, turbos and a bad lifter when he chassis dynoed it.

The original combination Kenny Duttweiler made 1680HP with, the revised motor made 1850HP with more on the table.

very nice i dont know where i heard he sold it.i think it was in a desciption of a video with a car similar to his

very nice i dont know where i heard he sold it.i think it was in a desciption of a video with a car similar to his

He did sale the Idaho car that runs 10.6s.
That car had my old tsm motor in it with new heads.

As an aussie that just loves your work Chris.....let me say
YOU ARE THE MAN....and i can only hope to meet you on one of my trips to the states.
Cheers DAMON

Actually, my family and I were going to head to Queensland to checkout the zoo and of course other things that Australia has to offer. My wife's mother has several friends living in Australia we'd love to visit. My next couple of trips with the race car is a very cool heads-up match at Sacramento Raceway in September, and then the Pinks All-out qualifying at Infineon Raceway also in September. I will also be at the Texas Mile in October with my Z06 and the Supra that I owned for about 8 months lol. I sold the Supra to my friend and he's getting it ready at Autobahn motors in Texas (the same guy (Tommy) that ran 228 in the flying mile last year.

If you are in the area, drop in or stop by the trailer to raid our cooler :wink:

Norcal1320 BIG DAWG SHOOTOUT!
Ok here we go. Heads up Racing/red light and your out buddy!

Field of 8 street cars NO PRO STOCK/RAIL CARS

$300 entrance fee
$2000 to overall winner/ Runner up gets $400
(Fee will be collected 3 weeks prior to race date.)

Sat.September 13th ( Grudge Night)All racers must check in by 530pm

Racers will be allowed one qualifying pass and then they will be paired up Fastest ET to Slowest ET in Round 1.

Ladder Eliminations/Winner advances

Quickest ET in Race gets lane choice

45 minutes between rounds/racers will be notified for next race

If Winner cannot make it to the next round(broken down or late), his competitor gets a by pass(no need to make pass)

.400 tree

No deep staging

Only 1 Rule.
NO BITCH ASSNESS

__________________________________________________ ___

So here is the idea.

Who is interested?
4rsfed Turbo
punkin NITROUS
bowman TURBO
chowdog TURBO
b1valiant BIG TIRE
JP TURBO
CANADA RD OG- NITROUS
66 AC COBRA-NITROUS

The Idaho car has a 200r4 built tough (with trans brake) by Len at Perf. Trans in Las Vegas. The converter is the invaluable ArtCar 16930 9". The turbo is a ball bearing T72 R-trim, 3' stainless dp and front mount IC. Using a FAST seq. box and 72lb injectors, -10 fuel line all the way to the rail and dual SX pumps. It has a fiberglass hood and the rest of the car including bumpers is all steel.

what kind of tranny and stuff was in that car?thats a very nice running car.what turbo was on it