? for those with Moog springs

VaderV6

I have a favor to ask those who have installed Moog springs in the front and/or rear of their Turbo Regals. Could you post the following info:

1) Part # of spring installed
2) amount of coil cut, if any
3) ride height measured from the ground through the center of the wheel to the top of the wheel well opening.

I'm shopping for new springs and I think this info would help me and many others out quite a bit. This measurement would be much more helpful than how many inches "lower than stock" the car sits. Thanks in advance!

Chris

I put Moog 5660s in the front with no cut. I measure 28 inches from ground to top of center of fender.

Moog 5606's up front, 3 weeks old = 26 1/4" as described
Moog cc627's in rear, 1 year old = car on jackstands currently so I can't measure + I don't know the measurement like I do the front.
HTH
Jim

Moog 5660 in front 26.75" in front settled from 27" in 500 miles.
Moog cc501 in rear 27" in rear no settling has happened yet

I am going to cut the fronts a little. It looks like a Monte SS. Free jack at 28" is really tall, maybe he has a larger tire OD. I have the stock 26" OD tire.

5660s up front
5379 in the rear

and the car sits perfectly level, but then of course i just put bilsteins all the way around:D

jojo

Moog5660

Stock front tires, Moog 5660 in front, 27 inches. Kirban variable rate in rear with Dunlop 255X60X15, 27 1/2 inches. Bilstein shocks front and rear. Front springs have around 500 miles on them, still waiting for them to settle.

Thanks for the info guys. My current sagging front springs have the car sitting 26" high to the center of the wheel well, which is a good look IMO. I was thinking of getting the Moog 5660's and maybe cutting 1/4 coil to get them to sit at 26". How do you all like the ride/handling of the 5660's? Thanks again.

Front springs

My front Moog springs feel the same as the practically new stock springs that I had replaced. I was told the Moogs would drop the front end an inch or so and give a firmer ride, but I don't think that is the case.

I agonized over what front spring to put in. I wanted the 1 inch drop the 5660 was supposed to give but I didn't get any drop. In fact my stock sagged springs were lower. I have noticed that most of the info sources are quoting this 0-1" drop against a MCSS which is perhaps heavier than our cars. I guess this explains the reason most of the Buicks don't drop much.

Vader V6, I am planning to cut the springs about 1/4 turn too.