For those who have switched to a V8...

turboclam

putting a LS3 in, do I need any of the original underhood engine wiring for anything? Will the factory dash (digital) still work without the ECM and underhood engine wiring? Will the Power Master still operate without the harness if I disconect the underhood engine harness from fuseblock? Thanks!

Yes , Some wires may have to be fished out of the harness , but its very easy.

As far as the factory harness, I grafted everything into the GN factory harness from the LQ4 engine harness. I did add a small 6 fused block I bought at my local auto parts store and a fusable link near the batt. With everything connected the car fired up the very first time. I had the LQ4 harness re-worked at LT1 Wiring
I ended up with like 7 wires or something like that.

I gave Tom my tire size and final gear to have the shift points adjusted. He programmed out the torque management for the throttlebody out of the computer and the VATS too. Raised my rev limiter and had a lot of other options as well.

Tom is awesome and walked my through the whole process. I have been driving the car for 17mos. with no issue on his part. I just called him on some wiring ideas I had and he was still as helpful as day 1. He even answered his phone on weekends and evenings. Awesome Guy!

I'm sure you can find someone here to do a harness rewire for you but, Tom gets my business Just my experience though.

Oh as far as the GN ECM Its gone!
The POwer master not sure any more I junked it. I think its just two wires 12vdc and ign. But don't take my word for that.
I got the hydraboost off the same truck I got the motor. Best brakes I've ever had. along with the 2002 camaro brakes all way round.