for sale cyberdyne digital dash for GN

pacecarta

LOGGED OUT
Staff member
for sale
almost new cyberdyne digital dash for the gn ,
lifetime warranteed by cyberdyne and has been in box since coming back from them for calibration

has oil press,water temp, boost /vac ,fuel level in gallons , volts, speedo and tach (with bar display above)
also displays 0-60 ET and peak mph with the recall button

this was new when i bought it and only installed for a few months , includes unistalled oil pressure and water temp sensors , also includes cyberdyne speedo sender
normally when you got the dash it was just the board , this one is already installed in a gn dash cluster case complete with smoke lens and idiot lights on the side and has the original vss sensor in the housing so your ecm gets correct info , and has factory tach/boost connector so it just plugs in , no splicing

just bolt into dash install sensors and connect a few wires , will require a 3bar map for boost gauge

will include original instructions from cyberdyne

450+ ship

heres an installed pic
the oil reads ee because the oil sender was not installed

Interested in the dash...

Will you take $300? I can send out Paypal for the dash.... let me know very interested Mark

JRC86GN said:
does the dash do away with the odometer? why are you getting rid of it?

Jack

Odometer is on the top right of the dash..small #'s..Hard to see in pic's..

it has odometer and trip odometer , odometer on these are flakey , seems when the ecm is pulled they reset or it was just a coincidence , cyberdyne told me they are aware of this type of dash randomly reseting odometer but there is no fix so it is what is .

i took it out last spring to send it for service for recalibrating by time i got it back (almost 3 months ) it was mid summer and didnt feel like reinstalling since i had alrady put back the original cluster with the alky lights in it and also run autometer oil/water a/f boost , DS and WB , because i had the other gauges i never got around to installing the oil or water sensors

i bought another GN with the GNX dash so have no need for this , has been sitting boxed up on my closet shelf for about a year

Will a Cyberdyne cluster work in place of the factory digital dash? I hate that thing!

it should
youll need to remove the board from my analog housing and install in your digital housing, none of the wiring ive done will be of help , youll need to read and then follow the instructions for where to tap and splice to , also being digital from factory your map connector doesnt have 5v , the cyberdyne has 5v out that will need to be sliced into that wiring and youll need to connect a ground for map as well

interested

How well does the tach keep up with the RPMs? I've seen them be too slow to indicate shift time. Put cyberdyne digitals on a Harley and they were pretty, but too slow. Is it still for sale?

last i looked the buick was a 6cyl not a two cylinder , whats your point

i never noticed lag but i wouldnt use this as a guide to manually shift by on a high hp car , even my 3" vdo tach is not the greatest on my 86 i have to anticipate the shift as DS shows if i shift 5500 i actually reach 5600 before it shifted , best indicator if you want to shift at rpm is to get a shift light and set it 100 rpm less than you want to be shifted at

Cyberdyne Dash

Hi, I am currently still trying to install my cyberdyne dash to replace my factory digital dash. I been having major problems with my wiring diagram where I have figure 4A, 4B but NO 4C as per cyberdyne instructions. Here is a list of my current problems that I am trying to solve.

* Boost signal lights up when I turn on my headlight
* No Boost reading while car is boosting
* Can't get my MPH to work with the sender installed
* When I turn on the headlight without no ignition power, the dash lights up constantly.
* Boost Signal only work when I turn on the headlight

Please note that my car came factory with digital dash. Please help me out if you can with any tips or direct me to someone who can help me troubleshoot. I can even pay a mechanic who has some GN cyberdyne knowledge to solve the issues. I call cyberdyne, but there are not much help.

Andy

as far as i know 4c (tach boost connector) is only on analog cars , never pulled a digital dash apart

seems like you just grabbed wires by color and connected them up without checking what they were
headlights should have no effect on the cyberdyne dash since no connect to lamp circuit is used
go back and check what you did

being digital to start the factory map connector on pass fenderis is dead, for booost you need to establish power/grnd to it
connect 5v out of the cybe (yellow /blk stripe) to the map connector pin A

boost input (purple wire) at the cybe to pin B at map connector

boost ground (black) at cybe to pin c of map connector

install 3bar map and supply vac to it , you should have a vac line there on a hobbs switch ,remove the hobbs switch and use that since the hobbs is only used for factory digital dash idiot light

cyberdyne

Ok, I will reconnect the boost power, ground etc this afternoon. Any tips on getting the MPH to work.

besides the boost you need to read the directions and note what the wire at the dash is designated for and then make sure what you are connecting it to in your dash harness matches (get a service manual ), dont just connect up colors because the instructs say connect to gray since there are many wires the same color in the harness , youve seem to have connected the cybe dash into the lamp circuit which is normally gray , if you burn up the dash you may find they wont fix it under warranty

whos sender are you using ?
the cybe sender has a specific window in it ,I forget if its 6 or 18 count per rotation but its important that its correct for the dash , the stock seneder in the speedo head only has two counts , i used the cybe sender and had no issues

yellow at cybe dash to white at sender (signal)
gray/black stripe at cybe dash to black sender (sender ground)

for the ecm to see correct signal there is an output wire from the cybe dash that they show cutting off the stock VSS optic head and splice into the stock VSS buffer wires
orange at cybe dash to green wire to VSS buffer

i didnt do it like that since i heard there were issues with that signal to the ecm (dont know if true as i never tried it) , i disected the analog speedometer head leaving the back half in the instrment cluster and retained the stock optic head at back of gauge cluster so the speedo cable plugs in as stock . this way my ECM ( and scanmaster/directscan) get accurate data , ive also heard of putting the analog spedo head under the dash so you can retain the stock VSS.