For Sale: 14 Bolt RJC Racing Girdle w/scraper "PLUS"

wbrophy

$450 plus shipping, normal price is $479 but you don't get the extras which "may" save you a lot of time and money , as you know girdles don't wear out and I have a 3.8 and a 4.1 girdle, both were not absolutely flat from the manufacturer (none of them are from my experience) so I sent the 3.8 (first one I bought) back. It still came back not flat so I did not bother with the 4.1 girdle. That is why they supply you with adjustable spacers.

You get "all this" which may save you a lot of money at the machine shop:

1)Copy of directions.
2)14 bolt RJC girdle
3)All studs, nuts, washers.
4)Scraper ( slight mods. for my Eagle crank & Scat rods)
5)Your choice of aluminum oil pick-up extensions= RJC deep pan extension or stock pan extension.
6)Used RJC peel off spacers. Since I have peeled some of the thickness away to fit my setup you may need to purchase new ones.
7)This is the really good part (Maybe) You will also get all 4 "machined" Main Caps with the rear main cap donut shaped spacers already brazed on. You may be able to just bolt these stock machined caps on your block and get away with a hone. Your going to need the caps machined, a bored & hone, and the spacers welded/brazed on the rear cap if you started from new. If the caps don't work on your block than you will need the two little donut shaped spacers for the rear cap from RJC or I would cut/make my own from a piece of pipe.

PS: I put this in wrong section, could someone transfer this over to the for sale area. Thanks

Have camera but don't know how to post pics but you would like them. Give me a clear step by step from taking the pic to posting and I will give it a try.

Have camera but don't know how to post pics but you would like them. Give me a clear step by step from taking the pic to posting and I will give it a try.

Click on "post reply" and wait until it fully loads. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see "manage attachments" and click on it. A window will open and you can load for puter or url. Then just click on "post reply" after you upload what you want.

What is url, puter? what I need to know is:
1) take pic (my camera has a card and cables and my computer has receptacles)
2) than what?

What is url, puter? what I need to know is:
1) take pic (my camera has a card and cables and my computer has receptacles)
2) than what?

LOL Ok, take the pic, then download it to your computer as a jpeg or however you do it. Then save it as a file. You may need to resize it. then when you go to post a reply, not a quicky, wait until the page fully loads and page down to the bottom. You will see a spot on the bottom of the page that says "manage attachments". Click on it. Another window will load. You will have a choice of uploading from your computer or from an online source such as photobucket. If you pick from your computer another window will load with "your pictures. Pick the one you want by double clicking on it and the "your pictures" will close. On the "manage attachments" click on "upload" and wait until it's uploaded. Close that window and then click on "submit reply" and you should be good.

The pic of my car that I use in my posts along with earlier pics of an engine install titled something like "New Champion intake and Alky Install" check my old posts shows the quality of work that I do was done by my son who is living in another state now. Maybe I will give him a call this weekend. Everything is in good usable shape just like the pics mentioned above. Selling is no big deal, a member here that checks the for sale/parts wanted items told me some people were looking for one so he suggested that I list it, maybe he will see this a chime in. I have no problem giving anyone their money back if there is a problem with the quality of the stuff. That is why I went into great length describing everything. Typing and computing is not my thing.

any update on this item? I too am potentially interested, but would like to see pics of the set up. You can email them to me if easier than posting pics: turboelky@gmail.com

thank you!

any update on this item? I too am potentially interested, but would like to see pics of the set up. You can email them to me if easier than posting pics: turboelky@gmail.com

thank you!

No bites on this yet, Maybe late tonight I will mess with trying to post pics. I know everyone likes pics, I know I do but unless I'm a real crook what can go wrong with a RJC girdle and don't forget those 4 prepared main caps that may be a great help that go with it.

thank you!

I'm still sitting here at the computer and I'm kind of busy with some stuff but I will lower the price to $400 plus shipping to anyone that wants it. If I do get around to posting pics which will take some time than the price will go back up; now how's that for a break?

PS: If anyone buys this without pics I would like them when they receive the girdle to jump on this thread and tell the world if they received what was promised and put no iceing on the cake and post pics if you like!

when you say "not so flat" how much is that? and do you have pay pal? pm's may be better for us.

Not so flat means as they come new from RJC.
At the machine shop that I deal with I have seen more than just mine and they vary. After I had installed mine the machine shop owner started sending the girdles out to a head porting place that I deal with too, which has a very large belt sander. That sander works well they come out as flat as a pancake so to speak. When laid on a special flat checking table you can not get say a .002 feeler gage to "begin" to slide in anywhere. As they come from the manufacturer I have seen the girdles actually "rock" on that same checking table.
Yes I have Pay Pal. PM's are fine.

Not so flat means as they come new from RJC.
At the machine shop that I deal with I have seen more than just mine and they vary. After I had installed mine the machine shop owner started sending the girdles out to a head porting place that I deal with too, which has a very large belt sander. That sander works well they come out as flat as a pancake so to speak. When laid on a special flat checking table you can not get say a .002 feeler gage to "begin" to slide in anywhere. As they come from the manufacturer I have seen the girdles actually "rock" on that same checking table.
Yes I have Pay Pal. PM's are fine.

pm on its way, where ya been??:D

I received the girdle today. all looks very good, ver well packaged, and CLEAN! great guy to deal with! I bought parts without seeing pics, but received everything in the condition as discussed. thanks Will!! I will try to post pics later.

Thanks for the reply and throw some pics up. I still have not got around to figuring out how to post pics.

I "just" decided to also sell the 3.8 RJC girdle with main caps.

$400 shipped in US. Comes with the main caps like the 4.1 but no scrapper and I only have the RJC aluminum deep oil pan extension which could be shorten. Same shape as the 4.1 No big deal as before but if interested let me know.