? for guys running HID headlights

Powder

I have 10K HID's that I bought from ez HID and after installing haven't used them 'cause I've been focused on new engine issues and seldom drive at night.* I just noticed that when I turn them on, they flash bright then dim and slowly brighten back to normal.* Is this normal for a conversion or could I possibly have a wire switched?* Not much room for mistakes with this kit. THIA. :confused:
Merle

I have 10K HID's that I bought from ez HID and after installing haven't used them 'cause I've been focused on new engine issues and seldom drive at night.* I just noticed that when I turn them on, they flash bright then dim and slowly brighten back to normal.* Is this normal for a conversion or could I possibly have a wire switched?* Not much room for mistakes with this kit. THIA. :confused:
Merle

that is normal for all HID... it takes a second to ignite the gas....[and it looks kewl :)]

just my opinion but 10k is wayyyyyyyyyy to blue...

i like my 6k... almost a pure white

10k is gonna be like purple. Go 4300 or 5000k bulbs. 6k looks pretty good to tho. It's much brighter with the cooler temps. The closest to sunlight is the brightest. 10k is gonna look a little ricer imo.

That sequence u described is how most HID's work unless you have a super high powered ballist that has instant brightness but it will loose some lumens as it gets hotter and then stabilize at a given lumen. Some continue to get brighter over several minutes and then peak. Different companies make different quality ballasts and bulbs for all kinds of HID lights.

Thanks for the info, I'm breathing easier.:biggrin: These are not very blue at all, just bright. They might not actually be 10k even though they have a tag stating so.
Thanks again. Merle

Thanks for the info, I'm breathing easier.:biggrin: These are not very blue at all, just bright. They might not actually be 10k even though they have a tag stating so.
Thanks again. Merle
How much did u pay for that kit and was it Buick specific? What size are the ballists? Normal or slim? Who's name is on the ballast box?

How much did u pay for that kit and was it Buick specific? What size are the ballists? Normal or slim? Who's name is on the ballast box?

I paid about $200 or so to one of the guys on this board who was selling them. It is a Buick kit that was easy to install, manufacturer according to the literature is Yifano. I don't have any way to compare ballasts. Specs state: 3.5 amps current, 35watt output, 40-105C operating temp,and 2.3Kv starting voltage.
Like I said earlier, they only have a hint of blue color and definately not purple(no ricer look) and they are bright enough to blind you!! They probably are not actually 10K, just mislabled, which is just fine with me. Thanks for all the input.