For all who race on the streets! Must see and read..

Why? This is like telling people that smoke that it is bad for them...they know that.

If you street race it isn't like you don't know the consequences. So why harp on them for it? The only thing that stops someone from doing it is when something like that happens to them.

EDIT: does suck though...seems like he is lucky to be alive.

Why? This is like telling people that smoke that it is bad for them...they know that.

If you street race it isn't like you don't know the consequences. So why harp on them for it? The only thing that stops someone from doing it is when something like that happens to them.

EDIT: does suck though...seems like he is lucky to be alive.

Yep same thing I was thinking.. Like you say.. only when it hits the fan does it make you think 2,3,4 times before you act.. but lucky fellow no doubt.. what's worst he had a friend with him.. thankfully he too was alive.. horrible..

Juan

6'5" young know-it-alls shouldn't drive new Dodge Turbo Neons too fast in the rain on a freeway trying to impress someone else's blonde girl friend.

6'5" young know-it-alls shouldn't drive new Dodge Turbo Neons too fast in the rain on a freeway trying to impress someone else's blonde girl friend.

Thank you, I quit reading at the part where it said it was sprinkling. Anybody with any sense would not be trying to race in the rain!

There is a differebce between idiots like this guy and people who do it all the time. Most of the people who street race on a regular basis will go out where there is no traffic or cops. Usually it will be as safe as the track. Idiots like srt guy race in the rain and on busy streets give street racers a bad name. Locally we had 2 stock hondas "racing" on a busy street. The one 16 year old killed his buddy after he hit a pole. Now the media is on a which hunt because of one street race death in two years....nevermind the average of 1 death a night from a drunk driver.

Anyone catch the part of "I chose to pass" meaning on the right hand side. Was he in the right hand lane? If so he is an idiot. I think that racing should be done at the track....or if you live in the country then a two lane dead end road makes a good track...but like it was stated before most street races are set up not just a fly by on the highway. Harry

I admit it....I do it because I'm stupid and, unless the wife and kids are in the car, I have no self control when the road in front of me is wide open for adequate distance and someone takes a shot at me.

I definitely have rules and criteria before I turn up the volume tho'
If it looks like I'll put someone else in harms way, or if there is an accident wating to happen if I do it, then I behave. I've been driving long enough to know better and do have skills.
But if it's just me and the other stupid, then.... I'm with stupid.:redface:

Common sense is what seperates a "REAL" street racer and an idiot poser.

If your dumb enough to play in the rain, well then you got what was coming at you.... and if your draggin in an area where there might be a drunk.... well then stupid choice of grounds. your own bloody fault.

Only reason alot of guys street race, is because you can be a hero on a budget.

I love to race, but I like to win once and a while too. And its sooo hard to be competitive on a real track and have any kind of budget.

hell finding a class to race in that matches what you do is hard enough. and well bracket racing is kinda gay, So most turn to the street.

I dont think I will ever quit Street racing........ just too much money to be made doing it! easy kills in a sleeper can make you 500 bucks in a night! and ricer kids whos daddy bought them a "NOS" kit for christmas are the perfect types to burn to the ground on a light to light pass. And to think..... I live in a small town..... and there is good money to be made.... I can just imagine in a bigger city where the underground is hot..... Some real action be happening there!

A.j.

I very ,very rarely pull the trigger anymore on the street. If I do there is no chance of someone getting hurt besides me and the other idiot I'm racing.

Residential streets, cross streets or driveways mean no race and no boost over 5-6#, you win.

A couple of years ago I was gassin on it on a deserted two lane with my son in the car. Pulling hard 25-26# boost and hit a patch of wet pavement (have no idea why this 20-30 yards was wet) and went over the double yellow line with the a$$ end starting to come around. Steered into it and it was like slow motion how the car came back and straightened out at 60-65 mph. Seemed like it took forever. I was really concerned about the car coming around the other way on the dry pavement but it didn't. Ditches on both sides.

All I could think about was hurting my son. I apologized to him and he says "dad I wasn't worried, I know you can drive"! Still scared the doo-doo out of me though.

Mikey

I very ,very rarely pull the trigger anymore on the street. If I do there is no chance of someone getting hurt besides me and the other idiot I'm racing.

Residential streets, cross streets or driveways mean no race and no boost over 5-6#, you win.

A couple of years ago I was gassin on it on a deserted two lane with my son in the car. Pulling hard 25-26# boost and hit a patch of wet pavement (have no idea why this 20-30 yards was wet) and went over the double yellow line with the a$$ end starting to come around. Steered into it and it was like slow motion how the car came back and straightened out at 60-65 mph. Seemed like it took forever. I was really concerned about the car coming around the other way on the dry pavement but it didn't. Ditches on both sides.

All I could think about was hurting my son. I apologized to him and he says "dad I wasn't worried, I know you can drive"! Still scared the doo-doo out of me though.

Mikey

These buicks are just too strong!

I stopped once I got arrested. It's just not worth it anymore. The thought of seeing my GN getting towed away and me being thrown into a squad car is all I need to not run some random LS1-douche next to me.

I stopped once I got arrested. It's just not worth it anymore. The thought of seeing my GN getting towed away and me being thrown into a squad car is all I need to not run some random LS1-douche next to me.

they barely started doing that here because of it, u race, u go to jail, car impounded, not worth it...

Juan

Similar story here in Colorado Springs, Colorado

A couple years ago.

SRT-4 owner (a punk kid) who was drinking... and everyone knew he was drinking. A race was arranged at the local Grocery Warehouse, and they picked a location to let it go down. His girlfriend was in the car.

Fast forward...

He wrecked the car... killed his girl friend... all of his hoodlum thug buddies pretended nothing went down. They all shut up... they all stayed silent... and any one of them could have intervened and taken away the thug boy's keys.

My response... each one that knew should be doing 3 years in jail. Call me a cruel bastard but they contributed to that girl's death, and I don't give a **** if he loved her or not. (That was the validity they used for not coming forward).

A couple years ago.

SRT-4 owner (a punk kid) who was drinking... and everyone knew he was drinking. A race was arranged at the local Grocery Warehouse, and they picked a location to let it go down. His girlfriend was in the car.

Fast forward...

He wrecked the car... killed his girl friend... all of his hoodlum thug buddies pretended nothing went down. They all shut up... they all stayed silent... and any one of them could have intervened and taken away the thug boy's keys.

My response... each one that knew should be doing 3 years in jail. Call me a cruel bastard but they contributed to that girl's death, and I don't give a **** if he loved her or not. (That was the validity they used for not coming forward).

You know when there is a death involved is when people realize that this was more than they could chew. Drinking nonetheless is a HUGE no no..

All of us did stupid stuff when we were 19 .If you say you didnt your lying.Ground a little wet or not we jumped on it.This guy got caught being a kid and payed for it dearly.I does not matter if there is perfect conditions or not.Back in the day my friend was running a 80 z28 with a big block.Street racing in chicago one night the weather was perfect so there were cars lining up.Well he launched hard and walked away from the vette he was racing when he was almost at the finish line he blew a radiator hose and soaked the right side of his car including the tire and the car went into a spin at about 120mph and ended up going under a parked trailer on the side of the street.He also had a friend with him.they both walked away without a scratch. He won the race and totaled his car at the same time.I have seen three people die street racing and that is why I dont do it. sooner or later it will happen to you.Taking your life or someone elses for a $100 or even a $5,000 street race isnt worth it. Grow up and save it for the track.

All of us did stupid stuff when we were 19 .If you say you didnt your lying.Ground a little wet or not we jumped on it.This guy got caught being a kid and payed for it dearly.I does not matter if there is perfect conditions or not.Back in the day my friend was running a 80 z28 with a big block.Street racing in chicago one night the weather was perfect so there were cars lining up.Well he launched hard and walked away from the vette he was racing when he was almost at the finish line he blew a radiator hose and soaked the right side of his car including the tire and the car went into a spin at about 120mph and ended up going under a parked trailer on the side of the street.He also had a friend with him.they both walked away without a scratch. He won the race and totaled his car at the same time.I have seen three people die street racing and that is why I dont do it. sooner or later it will happen to you.Taking your life or someone elses for a $100 or even a $5,000 street race isnt worth it. Grow up and save it for the track.

Yep I did it and won't do it again.

Juan

Call me a cruel bastard but that dumb bitch didn't have to get into a car that was being driven by a drunk dumbass. Common sense isn't so common unfortunately.

Call me a cruel bastard but that dumb bitch didn't have to get into a car that was being driven by a drunk dumbass. Common sense isn't so common unfortunately.

I don't understand why she got in the car, morale is that dude was not only drinking he was racing too! I do agree though, she knew he was drinking and didn't think that it was a bad idea, heck when I was a teen I would do it all the time.. drink and drive.. some say I was a better drunk driver than a sober one.. lol, now that's scary.. :eek: