Foot brake launch technique??

87LtdT

What are the different types of techniques??

I pull into lights, mash the foot brake, bring boost up to about 7psi, and when time to go I release brake and 100% throttle simultaneously. Result is usually wheelspin. Run 28X11.5 ET streets. With 25 psi in pass side air bag, and 5 psi in drivers side...no pinion snubber.

Best ever 60' is 1.78..pretty sad.

Better techniques??

Thanks, Bob

You may get better results by quickly putting the accelerator to the floor immediately BEFORE letting off the brake instead of doing them both at the same time.

Peter

87LtdT,

I had the same problem with the same size slicks. I'll try 99Formulas technique and see how I do.

Thanks Chuck...racing here in Indiana is over now...so if you get results please advise. I've been thinking about the advice and don't understand how it would help...seems like it might make it worse...but I've never tried it so will do so at my next opportunity.

I worry that if it does work, how I can make my uncoordinated tired ole feet do to different things 1/2 second apart :) Right foot floor it between 2nd to last and last yellow....left foot let off brake when the last yellow lights...I doubt that I can do that very consisitently :)

I got down to 13 psi (on 8.5" rims) and the car tracked straight as an arrow...next trip to track first launch will be at 12.5 psi...

Bob

I'm running 9.00 x 28 ET Drags. What I do is pre-stage and bring up the rpm's to where i can just hear the turbo start to spool. then i just bump off the brake till im staged, as soon as the light starts down, i mat the thing and stand on the brake till i look like this:mad: Last yellow and ler er rip. Best so far is a 1.518 60'. Track prep has a lot to do with it. I run no air in the driver side bag, and 25 psi on the passenger side. Also, Lakewood adjustable drag shocks and Metco billet LCA's with IC relocating brackets. I run the front sway bar attached and plain ol worn out stock shocks on the front.

LOL...good one!! I'll practice in the comfy chair until I get the facial expressions right, and then will try at the track...no more Mr :) at the lights!!

Thanks for the tip.

Bob

what is your suspension setup?

You might want to try some QA1 shocks and boxed LCA's.

Bob

Stock shocks w/boxed LCA's w/new OEM bushings.

Been thinking about getting HR Parts greased bushings...

Bob (previously known as Mr :) )

Originally posted by 99Formula
You may get better results by quickly putting the accelerator to the floor immediately BEFORE letting off the brake instead of doing them both at the same time.

Peter
That's exactly what I do also, after building about 4 or 5 lb boost. I tried a 10 lb launch, but need a different suspension setup besides bone stock;)