Foose wheels

MrGrandNational

operator ftw
I am very seriously looking at getting Foose "Nitrous" rims for my car. They're similar to TT 2's. I like a rim that looks very deep. I was thinking of running 20X8's in the back or 20X10's. I have GNX flares to put on the car. First off, would the 10's fit? Secondly if I run a slighly more negative offset with a smaller backspace, to achieve that deep look, is the wheel going to be strong enough? How would this affect handling? This wouldn't be done in the front. I'd like the front to be 18x8's. I currently have intentions to lower the front of the car at least 2" over stock. The back...I'm not sure of yet. :confused:

I LOVE those wheels and wanted them for my car when I bought my TTIIs. Untill I found out they're only available in Mustang and Dodge Magnum/300 offsets and bolt patterns! BULL CRAP! . Then they've gotta rub it in by putting them on half the cars they do on overhaulin'. :mad:

Adam

Seriously? I was told by the dealer that he had them in gmbolt patterns and and offset/backspace that I want. Are you sure? That's gonna bum me out if you are. Those wheels are mostly what got me started in the suspension in the first place :rolleyes: go figure I guess

Acording to MHT they say they're only offering it in those patterns/offsets for now. I guess that was a few months back, so maybe they are now, but that link I posted is the current one from their website and it doesn't show anything. Maybe they're willing to do it custom??

Adam

MrGrandNational said:
I hope they do. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOOS...43957QQitemZ8038116229QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW This seller on ebay says it's for gm applications and even mentions a regal in the description.
This is what MHT e-mailed me when I asked them about this exact wheel and fitment on 20";

Greg,
Thank you for your interest in Foose Classics wheels.

We do offer the Nitrous style in Gray. We also offer 20x8.5 and 20x10
sizes.

However, our 20x8.5 comes with either a 4" rear spacing or a 4.5" rear
spacing.

On the rears, our 20x10 comes with either 4.5" or 5.25" rear spacing.

Of course, your dealer would need to do a fitment check first but the
20x8.5 5x4.75 bolt pattern with 4.5" rear spacing
20x10 5x4.75 bolt pattern with 5.25" rear spacing
would be your best bet.

Thanks again for your interest

I guess it goes w/o saying that I am looking at getting these also...Hope this helps you,
Greg

5 an a 1/4 BS man those are gonna be in the frame big time.. Guys have run pro-stars an bullet holes for years with a 4.5 BS on 15X10's an it fills up the entire rear from fender trim to frame almost with about a 1/2" to spare.. So I would think with anything more then that would be taking a big chance.. If you are running flares I would think you would want less BS cause you can bring the rim out more toward the edge of the body cause of the flare. Maybe 4" BS an that would leave you 6" from mounting surface to the edge alomost of the flare!!

I put a wheel on my car temporarily that had a 5 1/2" BS with a 1/4" spacer and had about an 1/8" clearance between the front and rear of the tire to frame. I think if you can only get that wheel with a 5 1/4" rear spacing it'd still be worth doing those wheels and a 1/4" spacer. I WISH those fittments were available when I got my wheels, I'd have jumped all over them. I was consistantly gettin pi$$ed off when I kept seeing them on Overhaulin'!!! At least now someone can have them on a TR. I personally think 18"-20" front-rear size difference is too much, but it'll have some rake.

Adam

HYBRIDT said:
I personally think 18"-20" front-rear size difference is too much, but it'll have some rake.

Adam
Agreed, Rake is one thing, Slope is another. IMO 19" wheels make the rake right , whether its 18/19, or 19/20.
The info MHT sent me about BS was not set in stone, but its easier to buy spacers, then mill the wheel hub surface.

You got my vote on those wheels, I think they would look sweet. I also agree with the guys that 18"/20" wheels sets look funny!

19's an 20's dolook good with a rake. But 20's all the way around IMO are awesome I mean look @ Hybrid-T's car.. I has a rake with all 20's. He just made the rake with the tire sizes just a lil bit.. I got 20's coming an I am having a time with tire size choice in the trire I want, which is BFG KDW's. I know I want 285/30/20 int he rear but fronts may have to be 245/30/20.

RUQWKNF27 said:
19's an 20's dolook good with a rake. But 20's all the way around IMO are awesome I mean look @ Hybrid-T's car.. I has a rake with all 20's. He just made the rake with the tire sizes just a lil bit.. I got 20's coming an I am having a time with tire size choice in the trire I want, which is BFG KDW's. I know I want 285/30/20 int he rear but fronts may have to be 245/30/20.
I agree completely, I do know your front tires are smaller than Hybrids, (his are 35 series I believe) and he runs 275 out back.
I am doin 245/35, and 275/30 on 20s myself. As soon as uncle sam returns my $!

I'm more than likely going to end up with 20's all around. I like the rake look very much. 18/20 is a little extreme but I think with what I intend to do it would look okay. Dunno... I'll see what happens...then show you guys obviously ;)

I like the look of the Foose wheels on the "Blackened" Mustang owned by the guy that produces the Overhaulin show. It's in the new Hot Rod or Car Craft.
John

MrGrandNational said:
A jetta for a GN??? Tough call :rolleyes: In all seriousness it's a nice lookin ride. You still made a better choice.
GN>Jetta in most cases. Mine however would walk a stock GN though. (22psi street set up, 25 race) I do cars for 2 yr +/- periods, when they get magazine features shot, they get sold. The GN is staying permanantly. I got the exact one I wanted in 87...the one that "poisoned me" from the orig owner. I still have another jetta turbo...wifes daily driver...and its FS!
Thx for the nice comment on the Vdub, rare to see a v-dub on dubs aint it?!!