F'n Pissed... new weather stripping LEAKI

Reaper

Pit Bitch
alright in october in of last year i paid a very good body shop to replace my TTop trim. well today i was caught in a perdy good rain storm. well water was pouring in to the car from the A pillar.

i know my windows need some attention, however i did have my doors reailgned so they no longer sag.

this is very frustrating. now here is my question would it be out of place to call the shop and request them to look at the car and see what the deal is. the car did not leak like this before.

thanks agian.
dathan

I would look around and see if anything is obviously amiss - then call - heck yeah, they not sposed to leak

I HOPE YOU CAN GET THE LEAK CLEARED UP. THOSE SEALS ARE PRETTY HIGH PRICED. ;)

AND PEOPLE WANT TO ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT MY $10 HOME DEPOT SEALS. :rolleyes: AT LEAST I CAN'T COMPLAIN IF MY TTOPS SPRING A LEAK. :D

Let me know ( if you don't mind) as to what you find, I put in new GM weather stipping, and mine seep in the approximate of the a pillers also. now they are splitting behind the door windows again, just a year old and pissed me off.

ok body guys..... what do i look for why would it leak in that area?

thanks alot!
Dathan

Just did this last fall (ReD regal! some of us like to take our t-tops out :D )

The leak is coming from the area where the front seal turns and goes down the A pillar towards the hinge pillar. There is an area in the out side corner where the water sneaks UNDER the strip. Easiest way to find it is to take off all the interior A pillar trim and have some one spray it down as you look from the inside with a flash light. Gm put a bunch of scammer crap (butyl tape) there for this exact reason. If you didn't put fresh stuff back in (a big ole glob) that's why it leaks. The body shop probably tried to reuse the old stuff (or more than likely, never removed it at all) and it won't have any adhesion propertys left. In that area the Butyl tape is the ONLY thing that keeps it from leaking (no track for the seal to lock into)

Undo the seal mounting screws gently lift the seal up (DON"T TEAR!) and put a bunch of butyl tape in...press it around the seal and then firmly press it to the pillar. install screws and adjust....

Also YES, the body shop should warranty this as well...you did use GM seals, right?