floor pan

nu2gn

fasteddie
I was wondering if there is anyone around chicago that can help with replacing a floor pan, complete?

are you wanting to replace the whole pan or just sections?
most pans sold aftermarket is section!

if whole floor what is your plan of attack what kind of help are you look for knowledge or labor location all info someone will need before lending a hand

one of my co-workers has been cutting an welding for many years, he said he will help, but suggested to order the whole floor pan. because someone had try to repair it before. he also suggested to get both rocker panels.

i took all the inerior trim, seats and carpet. waiting on a call from c2c fabrication, because they don't offer a floor plan fron console shift, i want to know if by cutting a hole for the shifter will void the warranty or not. if it doesn't i am going to order it this week and i will post pix of the progress. and if u guys like my guy's work i will refer.

You might want to look at the whole floor replacement real close. The replacement floor does not come with any mounts for seats or console. Does not come with floor braces either. all that will have to be reused. The big problem with these cars is where the floor meets the inside rocker. Thats the only rust I had in the floors. the rest is in the seams across the back seat and the inner wheel houses. Im by far a body guy but Im learning little by little with lots of grinding:eek:

Attachments

• DSC02208.jpg
    DSC02208.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC02207.jpg
    DSC02207.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 342
thank u for the heads up chopped39 i guess i have more questions for them, i was looking at mine closely and there is hole behind the back seat, and a hole going to the top of the trans tunnel, maybe i wil ask my co-worker to see if he wants to take a closer look to it, to evaluate the whole floor pan replacement. that place sells the the seat mounting brackets, but i was not aware of the extra braces.

chopper 39: thats a lot of grinding is that the rocker panel that you cut out didn't see your wheel well damage, nice rotissary took a second thought you had cut out a complete pan

hey nu2gn what are they looking at for a full pan just straight pan? cost

1978-88 Regal Floor Pan, Complete
[4035-500-78S]
$289.63

Click to enlarge
Floor Pan, Complete, 78-88 'A/G' El Camino Will Work With Mods On Rear For Others. 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988
Shipping Method: Truck Freight
Made specifically for the mentioned vehicle
Repairs rusted or damaged areas with minimal installation time
Save on shipping costs with applied FedEx shipping discounts,,,, i talked to the today, they dont come come with any braces. shipping is 150 residential and 140 commercial. no seat brackets either. the rear sections are 55.00. the guy thats going to help me said to fix whats damaged instead of messing with removing spot welds on old pan.

1978-88 Regal Floor Pan, Complete
[4035-500-78S]
$289.63

Click to enlarge
Floor Pan, Complete, 78-88 'A/G' El Camino Will Work With Mods On Rear For Others. 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988
Shipping Method: Truck Freight
Made specifically for the mentioned vehicle
Repairs rusted or damaged areas with minimal installation time
Save on shipping costs with applied FedEx shipping discounts,,,, i talked to the today, they dont come come with any braces. shipping is 150 residential and 140 commercial. no seat brackets either. the rear sections are 55.00. the guy thats going to help me said to fix whats damaged instead of messing with removing spot welds on old pan.

What company has this floor pan? Not hi-jacking thread :)

I went through that last year. Mind you, I had never welded before, but bought a mig welder and a couple of floor pans and went at it. I learned a lot, made a few mistakes, but it keeps my butt from hitting the asphalt.

I tried butt-welding for a perfect fit, but blow through and my lack of welding skills forced me to buy a $20 metal crimper (can't remember the exact name of the tool). I crimped the new floor pan and existing floor metal in a way that would allow a weld without leaving a lip.

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0289-1.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

I should have spent more time grinding my welds, but luckily I have carpet!
IMG_0472.jpg

I didn't find the "saddle" type seat mounts anywhere. The kit from Gbodyparts doesn't include the saddles. I ended up rebuilding and re-using my saddle mounts.

I had to replace one of my rocker panels.
IMG_0696Medium.jpg

Much worse underneath
IMG_0699Medium.jpg

IMG_0749Medium.jpg

IMG_0752Medium.jpg

Not the best clamps for spot welding :biggrin:
IMG_0762Medium.jpg